Epilogue

"What do you want mother?" I sigh leaning against the table, she frowns and her fingers tap the edges of an album

"Amelia wanted me to give this to you. She's actually in the Philippines helping people, but before she left she gave me this," she hands me the album, I look over at it. "Oh and this," she pulls out a thick book from her bag and gives it to me.

I open the album, there's pictures of her and little Izzy whom I haven't seen in ages. Then there's pictures of me, with a letter at the end. I furrow my eyebrows, I will open it later. My fingers glide across the cover of the book with no title, I open it. It's a diary, her diary. "Why did you do it?" I ask snapping the book closed.

"Do what?" She asks acting oblivious to my question. Giving her a look, her eyes widen and she clears her throat; "I had to do it, Claudia. People needed to know what type of man your father is, I didn't mean for him to hurt you."

Taking a step back, my heart rate accelerates. So she admits it, "you could've told him in the end! Well, in the the first place. Look at my arm. That is what he did to me, do you think it's acceptable? I'm your daughter and you don't even care that your husband hurt me. You probably don't care about Izzy either," at the mention of Izzy she closes her eyes.

"Izzy isn't with me anymore, haven't you heard?" My eyebrows furrow. Where could she be? She's only young. I swear if she put her in an adoption home... Sensing my confusion, she elaborates; "Amelia took her. She didn't like my parenting. Turns out all of my children hate me, I didn't really expect that," she chuckles dryly.

"Well at least Amelia will take care of her properly. Why did you let father give me away to Isaac Miller? You didn't say anything, did you care that I was in pain?" She sighs glaring slightly.

"Your father had always been quite fond of Amelia, he couldn't let her go. But he knew that Isaac wanted you, after all you were childhood friends. So you we introduced to him again, but of course you wouldn't of remembered him; he knew Isaac wanted you only so he took it to his opportunity when he was in debt to Mr Miller and he gave you away, not Amelia." After explaining, she takes a step towards me; but I take a step back not wanting to be anywhere near her.

"I hate you and my so called father. There will be a restraining order made, you are to never go near me again," with that I storm out of the room not hearing a reply.
* *
Claudia,
So many things are wrong but so many things are also right.
You and Isaac had an arranged marriage, everyone knows that they never last but I've always believed different.
I knew that Isaac and you had known each other when you were younger, Isaac and I were friends too you know? He would talk about you constantly, saying he wanted to marry you one Day.
Everyone thought you two were meant to be, the serious, charming and brave boy with the Beautiful, confident and sassy girl.
It was wrong of our parents to give you away to him without any recognition, they knew that too. But dad never really cared, he didn't care about any of us. I have to admit, I was heartless but all I wanted was the attention from father and mother. But he never really paid attention, but he would always pick on you. So I know how wrong it was, but I got you into trouble just to be noticed.
Something terrible came out of what I did, you didn't deserve to be treated the way you were. You deserve so much more.
But something fantastic came out of you and Isaac's arranged marriage. When you were younger you would say how much you liked him, but we didn't understand the meaning of love. Isaac and you have always been bonded, it's like the gods made you for each other. It may take a while, but one day you will grow to love him as much as he loves you right now; I hope you someday love him.
I couldn't let mum have the rights over Izzy, so I took her under my wing; Izzy doesn't deserve to grow up the way we did, she deserves to be happy. So I've saved money up, all the money father gave to me and I hid it; just so I could get away. And I took Izzy, she doesn't deserve to have our parents as her parents.
I promise that I will take good care of her and I will visit eventually. So I have given you my diary, for you to know that I never hated you, you're a good person. And I want you to know what I know. The photo album is photos of all of us, so you can remember me and Izzy until we finally return.
We are not in the Philippines, I lied to mother. We are on and island that I have bought, so no one can come in but me and who I wish.
I love you, remember that.
Sincerely,
Your sister, Amelia Richardson