Chapter 13

Thank you all who have continued to follow this story along.  @Suzy82 and I have been working on this chapter for some time.  Unfortunately, with families, work, illness and trips it has taken longer than planned but here it is.  I really hope you like this one.  Suzy82 and I both came up with it and have been playing off each other’s thoughts...enjoy the emotional roller-coaster. 

Please comment, vote and thank you for reading!

Sincerely, @shellbell232

*************

Leaning back in the shower I stared at the pattern on the tile while my mind wondered shifted through the events of today like a slide show on speed.  I couldn’t stop the flow as a moment of weakness overtook me and I shed a tear that melted away with the water.  I was too close and quickly losing control.  How am I going make it through this dinner with all eyes watching?  I cannot loose myself I have to keep grounded.  But the look on Antonio’s face has engraved in my consciousness.  He was brutally honest and I sat there in silence as he shared his fears and longing for me yet I was right there.  A peace washed over me as Master’s thoughts gently nudged at my consciousness about hold on and reminders that it will be time soon.  I bowed in my head and understanding and breathed deeply. 

Through the haze of memories and thoughts I could just make out a subtle knock on the door to my room.  I needed just a few more seconds to shove all the crap back into the tight locked box at the very depth of my sole so that I can become who was needed to escape this reality.  It is what I had to do to survive and I hope that one day everyone will forgive me for the lies.  Closing my eyes I pushed the last bit of fear back inside myself. I was no good on this mission if I blew it and it would not end well if we displeased the Master.  Failure is not an option I cannot allow them to unwillingly break me.  We all will lose if that occurs.  So instead of moving towards the door I chose to take these last few moments and pulled up the internally armor of a Warrior on and allow the steaming hot water sooth the remaining tension from my body.  Knowing that there was no way under this God given green earth that I will ever be prepared enough for this dinner. 

After hearing Antonio and hidden memories I cannot let go that something major happened to Alessandros all those years ago.  This mystery he has the answers too and I needed them soon.  I needed to know what the hell happened to him and what is it he hiding?  They will be reviled there is so much I need to know.  However, it is I who hold a major card, I have a secret that has been locked a way since the beginning of all of this, the secret that has led to all the events, and will be instrumental in the not too far future.  However, it is best that I do not focus on that right now, it is not time, and I have to wait for Master to act and give my cue to proceed.  I just need to focus on the mission and keep my secrets to myself.  I slowly pulled from the water as the soft knocking shifted to pounding. 

 "Just a second!" I shouted as I quickly secured on of the fresh towels around my body and slipped on the sunglasses. With a quick glance in the mirror I glided over to the door.  As I unlocked the door, Miri entered the room.

“Finally girl!” she exclaimed, and burst out laughing. “Look at you..hahaha…towel and…hahaha sunglasses…hahaha.” Great now I´m a laughing object for my friends. As she was bent over holding her side, I slammed the door close and removed the glasses.  Could I not catch a break today?  I swear the forces of the world are out to get me. 

Scowling and with all the sarcasm I could muster, I retorted, “Well, it´s nice that you find it funny…which it is not!”  Then proceeded to deal with the annoyance by aggressively towel drying my hair to the point I was pulling some hairs from my scalp.  Damn it!