Chapter 2

After Blade left my room, the thoughts filtered back to my consciousness.  I was on my own again and I was feeling suffocated once again.  I opened the window and allowed the cold Siberian air to filter inside my room.  Within seconds, all the warm air was chilled to the point of freezing.  The frost nipped at my flesh as I leaned against the window and gazed up in the sky. Turing my body and heart back to frozen waste land of existence.   

The moon was set high in the sky and stars were scattered across the sky.  How many times I have gazed to the sky and watched the view and thought about them my family, friends and mate. How many times I wished that special wish when I saw a falling star. A wish to be found, allowed home and to be loved but it never came true. That myth about wishing on falling stars another lie given to youth and innocents to keep hope alive.  I however am no longer that innocent young girl.  Now I am a killer.  I destroy given targets and no longer see the world through innocence.  She was sold out, sold by the devil himself. This existence I live, this loss I feel, can be directly pinpoint to one person.  A person, who I thought loved me, loved me beyond limits. How foolish was I?  I believed him when he said it would make me better, stronger, and perfect for my mate. I believed him, when he said I would be sent to a boarding school for just two years.  That before I knew it, I would be home better skilled and able to help my mate. How stupid I was.  How foolish could I have been? I just did not know then what life had in store.  I knew his secret a past and fear so strong he tried to be rid of me. This secret will destroy more than him, once it comes out it will be the end.

Flashback

“Why do I need to go? Clarynn, didn´t go to boarding school even Joshua didn´t go. Why do I need to go? It doesn´t seem right. Tomorrow is mating announcement for prince, I need to be there with him so they will see who his mate is.” My tears were streaming down my cheek. My voice was hoarse from crying. “Please, think about it, please don´t do that to me.”

“Enough Alina, you will be sent away it’s only for two years honey and then you will be back. You will be stronger, better and able to be a perfect mate for our prince. It´s only for two years, you will see, it will go fast and in no time you will be back home. Then the prince will announce you, don´t worry about that.” He looked me with the same green eyes we share. I couldn´t read anything from his expression and just hope he is right.  I don’t want to go.

“Please, I won´t tell anyone. Please, I will be a good girl just don´t send me away. Trust me; I need to be with my mate I need to be near him.  Please don’t make me leave.  What did I do wrong?” I tried one last time for him to change his mind with tears rolling down my cheek. But I knew better, he never changed his mind, he always did what he wants to do. I should know better than trust him.

He wrapped his arms around me with a forceful hug; little did I know it would be my last as he whispered in my ear, “Alina I want to do what is best for you, you need to trust me darling.” I sobbed on his chest a little longer and held tightly. Then he released me and kissed me on my forehead before he said, “Go now and pack your belongings. In the morning you need to wake up earlier, you will leave before daybreak.” I didn´t have strength to say anything, I just nodded and turned away.  Before my hand I touched the door, he called me so I slowly turned part of my body around when he said, “Alina, you know I love you honey, remember that always. I love you.” His eyes were blank and appeared to be clouded over with expression I could not understand.