Chapter 18

Readers and Fans!

Thank you for sticking with us.  Life tosses us lemons and sometimes it’s a flood.  Enjoy and know more is to come.

Shellbell232.

*******************

Numbness began fade as the adrenaline pumped through my veins.  With each turn the rush filled the hollowness I felt after seeing him.  All I know as there is something big happening and I feel like we are being played.    

Damn this baby can go as I drifted around the corners as I pushed the car to maxium speeds.  The smell of burnt rubber seeped into the car as it hugged the curves leading to the palace.  Members of the royal court threw themselves out of harms way.  Reaching over I pulled up the emergency break and felt the rush as the tires broke traction as the car swung around and I came to a complete stop in front of the palace steps.   

The guards were on full alert for sure after Axel return; however I did not meet any resistance as I flew in.  These fools could easily be overrun by the insurgance and wet their pants and running for their mommy’s.  After what I have seen today we have a lot to be concerned about.  I just hope he sets his ego aside and listens to what I have to say.  The future is not looking so bright.

With a sigh I slowly slid out of this sweet ass ride knowing that if I am still alive after all of this is over I am getting one of these for myself.  Tapping the hood as I moved forward I whispered, “Bye baby sorry you have to go back to your daddy now.” When I was pulled away from my wandering thoughts as gasps were heard across the court yard, I can guarantee you that I am a sight to be seen.  Blood coated torn clothes and a cold expression.  Looing over my shoulder I saw the fear from everyone. 

I turned around sensing movement from behind and felt the bite from my pervious injuries. As a young man in his late teens dressed in servant attire approached me cautiously but avoiding making direct eye contact.

“My lady.” He gently spoke.   

“Find out who this car belongs and deliver it back to him.”

He shifted his eyes from the ground to the car and then indirectly back towards me. 

“I do not understand my lady.”

With a gasp of air from my broken ribs, I repeated my request with a little more clarification so there was no miss understaning.  “Look up the plates and see to whom this car belongs to. Then take a drive back into city and return it back to the owner.  Do you understand now?” I felt like as I was talking to the five years old child again but spoke with respect. 

This young lad beamed as the request sunk in.  His eyes widened, and a rush of excitement flowed through his body. Well I guess someone got a Christmas present a little early this year I snickered to myself and gave him a smirk as I watched him fasten his eyes on the beauty and saw a beaming grin fill his face.   

“Take care of this car young man.  It costs a fortune and I’m sure you do not have enough to cover it if something were to happen to her but enjoy the ride.”  Smirking I turned and headed to the palace.

Just as my foot crossed the threshold, Master’s voice seaped into my thoughts as I felt his presence wrap around me.  This allowed me to finaly drop my guard and revel in a moment of serenity after my fun filled day in the city.  “Alina, get to the throne room we are waiting for your report.”

“On my way, Master.” With my reply, he closed the mind connection.

The solid Throne Room doors were within reach as I squared my shoulders and stepped inside.  There were only four people in the room as I aproached.  The King and Alessandros occupied the throne chairs as Master stood to the left of Alessandros.  Axel was standing in front of them in Warrior stance as I approached.