『l』ast

"Good morning everyone." Hayoung greeted and scanned the faces of people inside the gym. Her eyes widened once Baekhyun came into her view and she felt like a rock in her chest was pulled out. She smiled widely.

"Let me tell you a story." She begins and took a deep breath. "Honestly, I tried suiciding before because I couldn't take the pressure." She confidently stated and most of the people gasped at her confession. She looked at her parents and smiled apologetically.

"Yes, I went to the rooftop and decided to jump there." She stated and Baekhyun had his jaw dropped. Hayoung looked at his direction and chuckled. She shook her head before continuing.

"But there was an earsplitting sound that made me fall BACKWARDS." She emphasized and laughed imagining herself being in pain when she landed.

"I was annoyed and I peaked below only to see people gathering with a guy in the center holding a microphone." She told and Baekhyun's eyes widened, "Wasn't that--" He wasn't able to continue his sentence when Hayoung spoke again. "But when he started singing, I was so impressed by his beautiful voice to the point that my heart was caged in the melodies." She said that made Baekhyun's heart beat faster.

Hayoung contemplated whether she would talk about the rejection or not. She shook her head and decided not to.

"Byun Baekhyun, my heart was captured by your beautiful voice. It served as my inspiration and it's the reason why I'm alive and speaking here on this stage." Hayoung bravely confessed and she smiled once her batchmates cheered.

Her speech turned out to be a confession and that's exactly her purpose. She didn't care what will other people say.

Baekhyun was frozen and just blinked at the girl. "I believe you haven't received your diploma yet because you're late. It would be an honor if you join me on this stage. Is it alright ma'am?" Hayoung asked the teacher and fortunately, she agreed.

"Mr. Byun Baekhyun, please come up stage."

The guys who are beside Baekhyun started pushing him to stand up and the boy did as he was told. He hesitatlingly walked towards the stage. Honestly, he feels so shy right now.

He was thankful he managed to go and get his diploma. "Stand beside Hayoung!" Someone screamed and eventually, most of the people agreed. Baekhyun flushed but he walked towards Hayoung who's in the same state.

"Hello Lee Hayoung." He greeted and the said girl flushed. "It's really nice to hear your beautiful voice. This feels like a dream." The words flew out of Hayoung's mouth involintarily. Baekhyun tenderly smiled and Hayoung swore she'll melt right there, right now.

Baekhyun should totally do something because this girl right beside him totally gathered a of courage to confess everything.

He grabbed the microphone from Hayoung's hand before smiling once again. Hayoung, who's just there looking at him, blinked and wondered what he'll do.

Nareul bangyeojwo
Ttuttutturururu seolleyeo
Gureumwireul geotneundeus
Geojismalgati nan nege dagaga hanbal deo

Baekhyun sang and Hayoung felt butterflies on her stomach. This was the same feeling she felt the first time she heard him sing.

Dasi chajaon neowa naui gyejeore
Gieokhal su issgetni
Ttururururuttuttuttu oh yeah all right

Only then she realized that this was the continuation of the song she's been waiting ever since. Of course she wouldn't forget this song's tune though she didn't know what the title is.

Neoreul mannan geol haengunira saenggakhae
Uri dasi mannamyeon
Malhae jullae

Fly to you naegyeote isseojwo
You're beautiful

Baekhyun finished before hugging Hayoung. "I've been waiting for that song's continuation." She teared up and Baekhyun laughed because she's just so adorable.

"I tried searching that song but couldn't find it.." She suddenly said. "I'm the one who composed and wrote the song that's why." He said and she was beyond impressed.

"What's the song's title by the way?" She blinked at him. "Beautiful." He answered, smiling from ear to ear.

"It suits your beautiful voice.." Hayoung mirrored his smile.

Unbeknownst to them, the microphone was between them and it made their conversation to be heard by the crowd.

The gymnasium was filled with cheers and the two of them couldn't help but to get even redder.