What Fly's Above

Four weeks after the outbreak

I was laying in a bed downstairs in the living room where I usually slept when nightfall came by. I couldn't sleep for some unknown reason no matter what I tried closing my eyes and waiting but that didnt work either I still couldn't fall asleep and still layed awake after what felt like days without light, I heard footsteps on the stairs after a couple minutes I thought it wouldve been Mary to come down and see Seige who was taking a lookout shift tonight from all our recent encounters with the creatures but they didn't go to Seige they were actually walking over towards me they eventually were standing beside the bed I was laying in but I couldn't see who it was because of all the darkness, "Can I lay down beside you? I cant fall asleep and I just feel relaxed when im around you" i noticed it was Carrie after I heard her voice "Um yea sure I cant fall asleep myself too". I scooted over some so she could lay down and after what felt like seconds she fell asleep, however I still couldn't I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach I didn't move or question it though. I started hearing noises out of nowhere I couldn't tell what it was from but I still layed there. The sound kept getting louder and louder as each second passed, Seige ran into the living room and stood there for a second to catch his breath, when he did he said to me "come on and get you're ass up" I still layed there motionless for a moment then I finally woke Carrie up "hey sorry to wake you but I need to get up for a moment and head outside with Seige" she lifted up her head so I could get up I looked at her only to hear her say " Don't be gone to long now" then she gave a small chuckle I kinda cuckled after that.

I turned to face Seige and we walked out he walked slowly outside like he was trying to be careful which was funny to see his big ass try to be careful but either way I was still confused about what was wrong we stood out there listening. Eventually light from the sun broke through the darkness and we saw jets flying above we were confused but we didn't talk we just stood ther. We watched them fly over the town's then fly back in the direction they came but they turned around and started flying back in a formation as they kept going one broke off and started flying towards one of the towns. As it was flying over it increased its speed and flew straight down to the ground probably in the center of town both Seige and I were in shock because we didn't know why they would do that but one by one each jet dive-bombed a town we stood outside like idiots, we were still in shock but we saw one of the jets started heading in our direction and we began to run back to the house. As we were running the jet had landed behind us causing us to fly into the air some, by then both of the girls had began to start looking outside they started screaming for us to hurry we got up fast and started running we got to the house within seconds. Seige yelled for us to get upstairs and stand by the third door that is locked.

We got upstairs and Seige started digging through his chest pocket and pulled out a key he put it in the key hole and unlocked the door he opened it "are you guys ready?". We looked into the doorway and saw a deep hole that looked like it dropped past the flooring on the first floor we just looked then I felt a hand on my back "I'll see you down there" then he pushed me and Carrie at the same time we started falling for what felt like several minutes then we landed in a huge amount of water and at a tunnel and it had a current going, with as much resistance we had the current pushed us we saw where the tunnel had a Y split we went down the left side and kept going

Seiges p.o.v
Are you ready Mary "yes I guess" "it'll be ok I'll have a hold of you " we both jumped down and I held her as we fell we eventually landed in the water and came across the split I tried getting us through right tunnel and we kept going for what felt like hours. I kept thinking where is Axle at we shouldve met them by now unless they went the other way then I looked outwards closer and there was a drop off like a waterfall. We fell down it and landed in more water but this one didn't have a current we got up and there was a whole entire cave that had life sprouting I started to feel tired and my head felt weird so I felt my head and when I looked at my hand there was blood on it then everything went black.