Life as a soc

dannys p.o.v
It sucks. All of it does. I hate the south side and its people. The boys all try to get with me and the girls are all stuck up. Especially cherry valence. Everyone thinks she is sweet. They need to get to know her better. And the worse part about being a soc is. I have to go to school and act like i hate pony. I cant talk to him and i have to be rude to him when he tries to talk to me. Its killing me. I love him more than anyone else, but because of our social class, i cant hang out with him. Even the teachers separate greasers from socs and you get in trouble if your a soc and you talk to a greaser. I didnt realize how bad school was, until i became a soc. A soc came up to me a week ago and told me that i couldnt talk or hang out with pony and johnny if i didnt want them to get hurt. So im keeping them safe by not hanging with them. But i really screwed up. About 4 days ago pony ended it with me because of the way i treat him and i havent seen him since. I dont blame him. Ive turned into a monster in make-up. And to make matters EVEN worse. I get a terrible beating everyday when i come home. Im ready to end it all. Why stay if all thats gonna happen is pain. Emotionally and physically. I HATE SOC LIFE. I would give my legs and arms just to be a greaser again. Every night i sit on my bed and think. "What would dally do" but all he does is break laws. The last thing i need is to get in more trouble. I miss him like heck. I often find myself crying while holding a picture of me and dally a week before he died. He came to visit me and their was a photographer. He took our picture and gave each of us one. I still keep my ring on. Although i have broken one of the promises. I cant saty strong in a situation like this. But ive been loyal even though we arent together at the moment. I havent even looked at a boy in that way. They are all ugly. There is only one boy for me.

And im gonna get him.

No matter if its the last thing i do

No matter how hard it is

Im gonna get him back.

Im gonna get my life back