Interest

Jungkook:

"Apparently there's been this rebel reaper taking victims and not reporting it. All we have to go on is the reaper's trade mark."

He was obviously imagining it since his arms were crossed and he was gazing into thin air.

"So what's the trade mark?" I couldn't help but become interested.

It's like he ignored my question as he bent down to look at my papers.

"You know what they're calling the case? 'Case V.' That's right! You want to know why?" He looked up at me for a second then continued scanning through the files.

I'm more confused. I asked for the trade mark not the case name. I opened my mouth to talk and got interrupted.

"The reaper leaves a small V sign on the left side of each murder victims chest. That's why." Jimin closed the file he was reading and straightened himself up.

"Hmm. So how long has the reaper been doing this?" I want to know more.

"About three months now." He nodded to himself. "Yeah that sound about right."

I almost fell off my chair. "The hell?! Three months and no one has found them yet?! Not even the reapers?"

"Yes, it's a real mystery since reapers are usually really good at finding people."

"What if they did, it's just that we haven't got the information on it?" I can't believe I didn't hear anything about this.

"If that happened we would be notified by the council reapers. There's no simple way around this case."

Jimin must have noticed my worried face and put an arm around my shoulder. "Look, soon it will become a case file that get's swept underneath a rug somewhere."

"A troublesome case which no one will have any leads for and therefore becomes a dead end." I shrugged off his arm and stood up.

"I want to help with this case!" My determination soon got the better of me.

~~Boss's office~~

I knocked and entered the large office with precaution. "Detective Han?"

"What is it that brings you here? You should be filing papers." He placed down a top secret case file to look at me.

"Ah, yes, that. Actually I heard about a certain case and thought that I could help." I lowered my head.

"So what your saying is that, you stopped your actual job you were assigned to. To help with a case you know exactly how much of may I ask?" He furrowed his brows and crossed his fingers.

"Well sir-I mean detective Han. The reason I came to your office is to ask more about the case." I felt a dark aura coming from him.

"And what case is it you have the guts to ask about?!" He looked furious.

"Ah, Case V." I regret this now.

"Get out! That case is not for your department and you certainly don't have time to work on it with what paper work you have to file! Don't ask me about this again!"

I ran out of that room but I still don't want to give up. Especially when I am determined.