Council

Jungkook:

~~Council Hall~~

I left the hospital early and Taehyung was no where to be seen. I thought it would be better if I went to find my father on my own anyways.

"Excuse me." A tall man with wavy brown hair came over to me after talking to another guard.

"What is your business here?" The other guard standing beside him came over too.

"I'm here to ask the council about my father's whereabouts can you guide me to them?" I watched as they both looked at each other and turned around to discuss something.

"He's that half breed kid V was looking after." The taller guard spoke first.

"Yes so we should bring him to the council and let them decide what to do with him." The other spoke more aggressively.

"Fine but you're still cooking dinner tonight right?" He pointed at the other.

"That's unimportant besides we shouldn't talk about that so openly around here." He looked from left to right to see if anyone else heard.

They both turned back around. "Alright let's take you young sir to the council room." The taller guard started to walk as the other went back to his post.

"Why can't you talk about dinner so openly?" I thought I'd break the ice as we walked through a large hallway.

He seemed startled and looked around really quickly. "Don't say that! That's none of your business. Just keep quiet and follow me." He tripped over and accidentally broke a vase.

I laughed. "Are you alright sir?" I offered to help him up.

"No, I'm fine. The cleaners will pick this mess up. Keep moving." I looked back and the other guard was shaking his head while laughing.

"Does this happen often?" I peered around to see his face. His face was red with embarrassment.

He saw me and turned away. "It happens sometimes."

It was too quiet "What's your name? Mine's Jungkook." I moved up beside him so I felt more comfortable.

"Mine is Namjoon and the other guard is Seokjin. You'll find that Seokjin often brings your companion here by council orders."

I stopped for a moment to think. "V? Is he here right now?"

"Yes, Seokjin brought him in this morning. I think he's in the science department." Namjoon keeps looking straight ahead as he talks to me.

"Can I go to the science room?" I looked up at him, he kept staring straight.

"No and we're here." We stopped in front of two large doors. Namjoon opened one and stood there waiting for me to enter.

I looked into the dark room then back at Namjoon "Uh, is it OK for me to enter here?" He said nothing so I took it as a yes and walked in.

I kept walking straight into the dark room with the open door being the only light.

The door slowly shut behind me and I stopped. "Hello?! I'd like to speak to the council please."

"Yes, we are the council and you must be the young half breed. Jungkook I believe?"

The centre of the room lit up to show it's round walls. There were chairs all in a circle high up with each council member sitting in them.

I gulped as I looked around. "Yes sir, I'm Jungkook. I'd like to ask about my father's whereabouts."

"We'd like to ask you a few questions first." Another voice spoke from across the room.

"Yes, have you had any violent tendencies?" Someone else spoke.

"Do you feel apart of the human or reaper community?" Another said.

"Will you stay here now or go back to your home and forget everything?"

"Do you think you can reap?"

"Do you think your life has changed for the better or worse?"

"Are you willing to quite your detective job and work for us as a reaper?"

"Everyone please! Sit down! The boy cannot answer all of our questions." The council sat back down.

I waited for a moment then answered. "No. I still feel human.
I haven't thought about what I will do next. I haven't been taught. I think it's for the better that I know now. I'd like to have more time to think. Thank you."

"Those weren't the intended questions." Someone from the middle spoke. "But very well. V will take yo-"

"No!" I cleared my throat. "I mean, no could you send someone else to show me where my father lives?"

There was small chatter throughout the council. "We have decided to chose our best guard. Seokjin will you come in."

The doors opened and all the light came flying in as Seokjin walked towards me.

"Follow me." He turned towards a wall and walked over to it. I followed and watched him walk through an invisible door of some kind.

We ended up at a dark alleyway. I looked around. "This is something I could get used to."