Warning Signs

Jungkook:

~~The next Day in His office~~

Should I stop the investigation? Now his words are stuck in my head. "Great."

"What's great?" Jimin appeared at my open door.

"I should start closing that. It's nothing." I kept going with the usual sorting of files.

"You seem different again. Is it that girl from yesterday?" He walked in and sat on my desk.

"I'm always like this. How can you even tell when I'm acting differently? You should get back to you're own work instead of bother- instead of wasting your precious time on me." I almost said something bad.

Hopefully a smile will keep him quiet.

I held my smile. "Uh, I get it. Well I found a lead on Case V but you don't want me around, right?" Jimin started to walk away.

"I think I'm going to quite the case." He stopped walking.

I don't know why I'm doing what a reaper said. "The boss doesn't want me on it and I'm getting overrun by these papers and-"

"Hold it! Since when have you given up? Jungkook you were so into solving this case and now you're just gonna stop? I was really looking forward to spending time with you on this too." He came back and slammed a paper on my desk.

"Look, I got these details of where the reaper will be next. I want this to work out for you and hopefully gain a closer bond between us by doing so?" He really wanted me to take it.

"I'll have a look at it." I took the paper and he had a huge smile on his face.

"Thanks for doing this. Everything will work out now." His smile was blinding me.

I read the paper and it had some notes written down on a common murder victim area. It also had possible backup areas if the first one wasn't it.

"So when are we going?" I looked back up at Jimin.

"We?! I can't go. It's going to be around 10:32 tonight. I'm busy then but you can do it!" He cheered me on before leaving.

I'm supposed to have backup and I can't tell anyone because it isn't my department in the first place. What am I going to do?

~~That Night at an Old Factory Building~~

"Damn, this place is creepy. This is not the place to be without backup."

I looked through the dirty, broken windows with my flashlight but couldn't see anything.

The big, wooden front door was jammed. "I guess I have to go around."

I started to have scary thoughts but I needed to have my mind on the job so I shook my head and made it to the back entrance.

The large doors were wide open at the back.

"Hello?! Is anybody in here?! I'm a detective for BigHit Headquarters!" I pulled out my gun and slowly walked in.

"I don't think anybody's here?" As I turned around to go back I felt a cold breeze. "The nights are getting colder."

Heading back to my car I heard a noise from inside the building. It sounded like something dropped.

I ran back and held my gun up from my side. "Hands up where I can see them!"

I quickly looked around but nothing was there, only the old equipment I saw before. "I'm thinking too much. Must of been a rat."

I put my gun away in relief then in a split second, everything went pitch black.

I couldn't move and my head hurt.