Suspicions

Taehyung:

I've been watching over Jungkook ever since his academy days and now he's right in front of me.

I want to tell him something so I walk closer but he doesn't look comfortable in my presence.

Of course, I'm a stranger.

He keeps asking me questions as I continue forward.

"I-"

The landlady must've heard Jungkook and suddenly came out of the building.

"What's going on here?! You're making too much noise!"

We both look at her then back at each other.

I want to tell him everything.

He hesitates before making his way towards the building.

"Wait! I'm being framed. Don't believe them."

That's all I could manage to say to him? What an idiot.

Jungkook stops.

"What's your name?" He turns back to face me.

"They call me V. I'm a reaper." I noticed his expression changed when hearing my name.

"Are you the one-" Jungkook began to speak but I stopped him.

"No!" I knew what he was thinking.

"I'm not the rebel reaper."

Jungkook:

The landlady spoke again. Interrupting our conversation.

"What's going on?! Get inside Jungkook!"

I turn to her and back to the reaper but he was gone.

I went up to my room and fell onto the bed.

Then started to think about that reaper.

I should've called headquarters right then and there when I heard his name. But for some reason he was mesmerising.

It might've been a spell or something but I didn't want to take my eyes off him. Are all reapers like that?

Even if he looked good he still might be the rebel reaper. All the evidence points to him, the V sign left on victims, his name, what reapers say he looks like, a long brown coat, the dyed silver hair.

He said it's not him but how am I supposed to know what's right when all the reports say it's him?

For some reason I want to believe V, though my duties as a detective come first.

~~Back to Headquarters the Next Day~~

As I came in, the front desk lady had to say something.

"I hope you can handle these next few files." Then dropped a large pile in front of her. She gave me this evil grin.

Of course I had to carry them all the way to my office. I picked them up and made my way.

"Woah! Kookie? Is that you behind there?" Jimin poked his head around to see me.

"Good morning." I wasn't in the mood for a friendly talk with him.

"Hey now, wait up. Why don't you give me some?" Jimin started to take files from the top.

"I guess I don't have a choice if you just take them." I continued walking after he took what he could carry.

"You seem different today." Jimin started to talk as cheerful as ever. "Did something happen last night? Was it an unexpected visitor?"

I must have let some kind of expression slip.

"Bullseye, huh." He started smiling like a know it all.

I didn't say anything.

We made it to my office and dropped the files beside my desk with some others. I sat down and he followed.

"So who was it? Was it a girl?"

"Just leave it alone. It's none of your business." I pushed him away.

"Fine. I'll leave you be." Jimin left while mumbling something under his breath.

I began to work on the files when I felt a breeze enter the room.

I looked up and gasped.

"Why did you keep it a secret?"

V was in front of me.

"What the hell are you doing here? Get out." Whispering, I pointed to the window.

"I was curious. I'll see you soon." After he spoke he disappeared into a black shadow.

I was so shocked I didn't know if I should tell someone or not. Instead I just buried my face into the desk.

"Hey, I heard some noise." Jimin came back in.

It's him. Of all people. "It's nothing." I lifted up my head and fixed up my hair.

Why didn't I tell him a possible rebel reaper was just here? He's a fellow detective. Idiot.

He looked worried for me. "You know if something is bothering you, just tell me. I'm a friend."

"I appreciate that Jimin but I'm fine."

I had to change the subject. "Do you think you have time to help me with Case V? I know I was harsh before but-"

"No, it's fine. I'll help." He stood beside me as we looked into the records on my computer again.

I don't know what it is but I feel like this V would know some answers that these detectives haven't got.

Should I trust him though?

{If you guys haven't already guessed, there is a bit of a love triangle going on throughout this fanfic.}