Safe for Now

Jungkook:

~~A Basement~~

"What's going on?" I woke up tied to a chair. A dim light shone from above my head.

"What the? Argh, Hey! Who did this?!" The more I struggled, the more it hurt.

The room was so dark I could barely see anything apart from this stained concrete floor I was on.

I could hear a lady's laugh getting closer. My senses told me to get out of here fast but I couldn't.

"Well hello there~ it's nice to finally meet you." A young lady appeared from the dark.

"What do you want with me? I should be arresting you. This is an offense!" I struggled some more. "Aaah!"

"You are in no position to talk that way to me! I am in charge now and the way it goes is I ask the questions. Haven't you seen murder shows?" She started to circle around me.

"What is your relation to the reaper named V?"

"V?! Why him?" I was confused.

She stopped and started to claw into my shoulder. "I don't. Want to repeat myself."

"Aaah! We have no relation!" She let go of my shoulder.

"Only that he suddenly appeared, told me not to continue with Case V and he was being framed." I had to blurt it all out to her. She's evil.

"What's your name? I'm Hwasa a reaper like V." She stood in front of me and pulled my chin up to look into my eyes.

"My name is Jungkook." I pulled my chin away from her fingers and looked down again.

Hwasa scoffed and lifted up her hand, then hit my face as hard as she could. "You make me sick!"

What was I supposed to do now? Apologise? I'm shaking and can't stop fidgeting with my fingers. I've never been in this type of situation.

I thought I might die. "Where is V?! I know you two are much closer than mere acquaintances!" She lifted up her hand again.

"Stop!"

I knew that voice. Hwasa turned around immediately. "You came~"

"What have you done to him?"

I think I'm being saved.

"Oh~ nothing really~ I waited so long for you to come, Taehyung." She changed completely with him here.

"V... Help." I looked up in his direction.

"You aren't going to save him are you? You're mine not his." Hwasa pleaded with him as he came closer.

"Don't or else! Or else I'll kill him! You love me not him!" My eyes widened when I heard her say that.

She was trying to block his path but he kept walking towards me. She had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Damn it~!" Hwasa ran into the dark and came back with a knife in her hand. "I took all those souls so I could get your attention, I framed you too and you still didn't come after me, even now you only care for him."

She ran at me with the knife but V suddenly embraced her, pulled her close and locked lips with her right in front of me.

I felt sick deep down in my core.

She was surprised and so was I. Hwasa dropped the knife without thinking.

There was a clicking sound and V ended the kiss, he had handcuffed her. "It's safe to come down now! The culprit has been captured!"

The lights turned on and a bunch of men and women in coats came walking in. They all looked serious. "Thank you for everything and we'll see to it that all cases filed against you will be reassessed."

An old man was talking to V and shook his hand. V then noticed I was looking at him.

He rushed over to me. "I'm sorry Jungkook. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. You must've been so scared-"

Once he untied me I had to hug him. "I was scared." He hugged me back and I never felt so secure.

~~Back to the Apartment ~~

I got carried back through V's teleport, had a shower and he tucked me into bed.

I decided to ask him some questions. "When you first came to that basement. Hwasa called you Taehyung? Is that your real name?"

"Yes. You can call me Taehyung if you want." He smiled at me.

"...Taehyung." I smiled back. It was new to me but I like it.

Taehyung:

I never thought the day would come when he'd say my name. It's even better than I imagined!

"So...that lady is or was your lover, if you don't mind me asking?" He was fidgeting with his fingers again.

I didn't like the question, why would I be with such a woman? "Neither. She isn't anything special to me and I haven't been in any relationship."

"But you kissed her and she said she loved you."

I walked away from the bed. These aren't the kind of questions I agreed to answer.

I waited a few minutes then sat back on the bed.

"How is your shoulder and your cheek?" I went to check but Jungkook turned away from me.

"You should go. I'll be fine. The rebel reaper is gone and I have work tomorrow. Thank you." He didn't want to look at me, I could tell he was upset.

I stood up and waited for his glance but there was nothing. "Goodnight." I left him be. There's still a lot for him to process.

{It get's better. Trust me}