Chapter Two

"Hey, I'm goin' top-side! Anyone care to-" i asked, but i was cut off with a big

"NO!" They all yelled, loudly too, getting their point across

"Sorry Mikey, but i got to fix this air craft you destroyed earlier today..." Don said...ouch.

"Yah, and i have to finish my training" Leo added...of course you do. being perfect isn’t good enough anymore...

"Yah and...huh, well i just don’t wana go" Raph laughed...meanie butt.

Master Splinter say anything but "No Cody, NO!" so i knew he wouldn’t go... i slid my chucks into their belt loops and walked out of my room.

I ran up the stairs, through the automatic doors Donny installed and through the sewers tunnels to the nearest porthole (in an alley of course). After putting the cap back on the sewer drain, i turned to the wall behind me. Three bricks up, four bricks to the right, here we go. i pulled out the brick and neatly tucked inside was a trench coat and hat.

After i shrugged into the coat and put on the hat, it was safe for me to walk the street light lit sidewalks of New York at night. it was loud, as usual. Living in the city, when isnt it? The Men in Blue were everywhere, all the time. there was always something going wrong...never any peace.i walked to the nearest park bench and sat down with a thud and a groan. How can a turtle in New York City be bored? I guess its possible...but then a little piece of paper caught my eye in the store across from me.

"LATEST ISSUE OF JUSTICE FORCE, HERE!"

My feet couldn’t carry fast enough to the door. i busted through, frantically scanning the walls looking for it, but it wasn’t there! How could they play a dirty trick like this?! How could they-

"Um...sir..?" a soft voice called form behind.

I turned. Behind the counter was, not Jim Barker (the usual counter man), but a girl. I must have looked like an idiot, starring at her dumb-founded, but she was.....peeerrrrty. i snapped out of my daze and walked up tp the counter.

"Um-" i stopped. My voice cracked...stupid voice changing thing...i cleared my throat then tried again. "What-cha need" i asked. A little better, still pitchy. Why am i so nervous?

She laughed a little. By her voice and laugh...and looks...she seemed like she was in her teens too, but i dont think Jim would hire a teen... "Is, this what youre looking for?" she asked

In her hand was an issue, of the Justice Force comic books, that ive never seen, which meant it was new. I must have looked like a...double idiot. My jaw dropped when she brought it up.

"Do you want it?" she asked, then moved behind the cash register to ring me out...but

"I would" i said, oh so sadly "but i dont have any money with me...will you hold it for me?" i asked, hopefully. Usually with brand new comics, they dont hold anything for customers with no money.

But she smiled, showing a set of perfect teeth..shiny.. " Sure" she said. She put the book under her purse on the back counter :But its our secret" she said, then winked.

I would have fallen over, but instead of making me look like a triple idiot, i caught myself by leaning on the counter. She pulled out a sticky note and pen from beside the cash register. "Your name?" she asked.

"Huh?"

" i need your name so i can recognize you when you come back, though, i think it's be better to put you down as 'Trench-Coat Man'" she laughed

i laughed, embarrassed by how stupid i must have looked "Ha...the name's Mikey"

"Oh! Mikey, my dad talks about you. i shouldve known, he says you always come in with the strangest get-ups. He said one time you came in as a turtle" and she began laughing, jsut a little. Such a sweet laugh...Whoa, snap outta that right now man...right now...

"Heh, yah. Im a character...thats me..." i said, then "Wait...did you say, dad?"

"Yah, Jim, he's my dad" she said then frowned...so that explains why she's here in charge...but when she frowned, it made me frown too. "He's not doin to good, so i'm taking care of the store."

"Oh, i'm sorry-i-" i started, but i was cut off, once again. The door opened and two men dressed all in black busted through, with guns drawn.