Owie

Dick walked up the huge steps of the manor in awe. The huge oak doors swung open revealing on old man. He wore a nice suit.

"Dick this is Alfred Pennyworth my butler and friend," Bruce said placing his hand on Dick's back, guiding him all the rest of the way up the stairs. Dick tried to take everything thing in, all the beautiful decor. It was truly amazing.

"Master Richard welcome, please let me show you to your room," Alfred said taking the two bags from Bruce. Dick nodded and followed Alfred up the big stairs. He opened the door to a big bed room. A king size bed, desk and dressers take the room. Alfred sets Dicks bags on the bed. He begins to empty them. In the very top sits a stuffed elephant, Peanuts.

  "Peanuts," Dick squealed and ran to grab it. Alfred held it out for him. Dick engulfed Peanuts in a hug. Alfred pulls out 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants, other wise the bags are empty.

  " Master Dick, is this all you have," Alfred asked feeling a little pity for the poor boy. Dick nodded but was too distracted by Peanuts to realize the look he got from Alfred. Dick was very grateful that he had that many pairs of clothes.

  Then Alfred looks at his watch and walks up to Dick." Master Dick, I have to go make dinner. Would you like to go down stairs and watch tv," Alfred asked. Bruce was busy with paper work in his office so Alfred had to entertain the young boy. Dick shook his head.

   "Can I help you make dinner," Dick asked grabbing Alfred's pants leg. Alfred was really starting to like the amazingly cute little angel.

   "Of course," Alfred said. Dick then raised his arms to be picked up and Alfred obliged. Dick messed with Alfred on the way down the stairs which made Alfred laugh.

  They went into the kitchen. All the cabinets are tall because both Bruce and Alfred are. Alfred set Dick on the counter." Master Dick be careful. These counters are high and we don't want you to get hurt," Alfred said getting the point across to the boy." Okay so what do you want for dinner," Alfred asked listing some choices.

  After a little while Alfred was almost done." Master Dick would you do me a favor," the old butler asked. Dick nodded." Okay will you go put the plates on the table while I go get a spice from the garden," he asked. Dick nodded. He had already been a huge help to him, surely he can put 2 plates on the table. He gave Dick the plates and was off.

   Bruce was in his office when he heard a shatter then a blood curdling scream. Bruce raced out of his office to hear screams and crying. He ran into the dinning room to see Dick bawling. He was surround by 2 shattered plates, and one of his hands had a deep cut.

  "Shhhhhhh shhhhhh Dick it's okay," Bruce said not exactly knowing what to do. He picks up Dick and pulls him close to his body. He takes him to the kitchen. He sets Dick on the counter. He takes Dick's cut hand gently. Dick continued to cry but tried not to scream in pain." Okay Dick, you have to get just a few stitches. Do you want Alfred to do it, or do you want to go to the hospital," Bruce asked. At the word stitches Dick started to cry harder.

   "Al-Alfred," he said trying to be brave. Alfred came in just seconds later. He gasped and rushed over to Dick.

  "My dear, what happened," he asked the young, crying boy.
  "I was s-setting t-the table like you a-asked me-e to do," he sputtered.
  "I'm sorry Master Dick," Alfred said trying to comfort the young boy.
  "I-it's o-okay," Dick said.
  "Alfred, Dick is going to need stitches and he wants you to do it," Bruce said. Alfred nodded and went to get the supplies. Just moments later Alfred came back.

  "Okay, Dick this is going to hurt just for a little while, then it will be over. Okay," Alfred asked. The boy nodded sadly. Bruce hugged the boy putting his face into Bruce's shoulder. Alfred started and the boy let out a whimper. Bruce hated seeing Dick in pain. Just a minute later it starts was over and Alfred wrapped Dick's hand in gauze.

   The they sat at the table and ate. After just a few minutes Dick started to get tired. His eyes started to slowly close while chewing. Then he fell asleep. Bruce smiled at his new little boy. He picked Dick up softly and walked up the stairs and into his room. He laid Dick down and cover him up. Bruce then left his sleeping angel. He went down stairs and turned on the news.

  "Man I handled that pretty well. I am a pretty good dad. I don't think this will be too hard now if that is the worse," Bruce thought. Then heard another blood curdling scream.