chapter ten

amber's pov:

Silence filled the room. I just told Grayson I thought I was falling in love with him. Oh no, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Does he not feel the same way? This is what happens when I open myself up, it never ends well.

"Amber." Grayson said breaking the silence. Thank God.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm falling in love with you too."

Butterflies rushed to my stomach, and I could feel my cheeks begin to redden.

"Well, I want to take my girlfriend out somewhere for our first official date, would you give me the honor to take you out tonight?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

"Grayson I would love to."

"I'll take you over to your grandmother's house to get ready and I'll pick you up at 7:00. How does that sound?"

After basically being kicked out of my family home, I found out that my mom and sister had already moved my clothes, and important items over to my Mimi's house, so that's where Grayson had to take me home to until further notice.

"Sounds good to me."

------------

I had no clue where Grayson was taking me, he wouldn't tell me even when I begged. I thought guys liked begging?

I didn't know if I should dress casual, or dressy, or how to do my hair and makeup. I had never been on a real date before either, so I was completely clueless. I decided that I would rather be too dressy then too casual.

The weather outside was nice, so I put on a black romper, a cardigan, and paired it with some jewelry to dress it up. On my feet, I wore some black wedges with straps to tie the look together.

My hair was curled, makeup was done, and my outfit was on. I looked pretty good.

The doorbell rang around 6:50, and quickly walked down the stairs to beat Ashley Caroline to the door. We didn't need a repeat of the night before.

I was nervous, and I had no idea why. Grayson and I hung out all the time, I felt completely comfortable around him. I guess it was just the idea of our first date that made me anxious.

I took a deep breath as I stood before the door, then turned the cold knob and pulled it open to see Grayson. His jaw dropped to the ground as well as mine. Dang, he cleaned up nice. And that was all mine.

I looked at him with a smile, and he looked me up and down. I didn't even notice the bouquet of roses he was holding. It was a matter of seconds before Ashley Caroline came around the corner to see us drooling at the sight of one another.

"Can you just say she looks nice and get her out please? I've got Ethan coming over." Ash said moving pushing me closer out the door.

Ethan? Grayson's twin brother?

"Ethan who?" I ask.

"That guy's brother Ethan. Can you please leave?"

I look over at Grayson, and he lifts an eyebrow. Why would Ethan want to hang out with Ashley?

"Umm okay. Tell Mimi I might be home later." I say stepping towards Grayson.

"Oh you're going to sleep with him again? What a slut." Ashley says as she slams the door in my face.

When the door was shut I got pushed  against Grayson and our faces were inches apart. I smiled as I looked as his eyes, then his lips. As he tried to push his lips against mine, I put my finger in between us, stopping the kiss.

"Not yet." I say smiling.

He looked down as he laughed, then back into my eyes. "Wow what a tease."

"I know."

"You look absolutely gorgeous Amber."

"You don't look to bad yourself Grayson." I say as he hands me the roses. "For me?"

He nods his head and grabs my free hand to lead me to his car.

"Where are we going anyways?" I ask as he opens the passenger side door for me.

"You'll see." He says shutting the door behind me.

------------

We drove about 45 minutes out of town, and once we got to wherever Grayson was taking me, he told me to shut my eyes. This was hard for me. It gave me flashbacks to that night.

"Come on! Just shut your eyes, it'll be okay little girl!" The next thing I knew I was taken into that shed.

I gently shut my eyes, giving Grayson all of my trust. I heard him shuffling around outside, getting things from the back of his truck, and this lasted for about five minutes. As much as I wanted to peek, I didn't because he trusted me and I trusted him. Even if it was a matter of peeking I wasn't going to give him a small reason not to trust me.

I began to daydream as my eyes were shut and while I waited for Grayson. I was really falling hard for him.

I was disturbed from my daydream by the sound of Grayson opening the car door, and saying, "Alright, just keep your eyes shut and let me guide you."

"Okie dokie." I said unsure of what where he was taking me. "I trust you."

Grayson covered my eyes with one hand, and put his free arm firmly around my waist. I liked the feeling of him holding me as I walked.

"Are we almost there?" I asked becoming impatient. I just really wanted to see what Grayson was keeping so secret.

"Okay Amber, you can open your eyes now." Grayson said taking his hand away from my eyes.

Opening my eyes was the hard part.

"Open your eyes now! You need to see what's being done to you!"

I couldn't stop the flashbacks, they came every now and then.

Once I opened my eyes, I gasped. We were standing at the beginning of a pier, leading out onto the beach. There were candles lit on both side rails of the pier and they lined all the way down to the sand.

"Grayson you did not." I said with a huge smile.

"Come on! I want to get in the sand!" He said grabbing my hand.

I stopped him as I took my shoes off and left them at the beginning of the pier.

"I can't believe you did all this for me." I said as he took hold of my left hand again and began pulling me behind him as he jogged down the pier.

I was dating a big child.

My right foot sunk into the sand as I stepped down off the pier, and I couldn't help but giggle as I looked up at Grayson.

Looking out on the beach, there was a picnic table lit by more candles, and next to it was an air mattress. Was he expecting me to sleep out here tonight?

"What's the air mattress for?" I asked pointing at it.

"So we can look at the stars." Grayson said grabbing me by the waist.

___________

was this a cliffhanger? im sorry! just wait until the next chapter it'll have you shook :))) thank you for reading !

follow me on twitter: @lolldolans