chapter fifteen

WARNING: towards the end of this chapter, there is a scene where self harm is contemplated. if this is triggering to you, please skip over.

amber's pov:

I could feel my body begin to shut down. Panic and anxiety were taking over.

Flashbacks filled my mind, I couldn't see straight.

"Amber!" I heard someone call faintly.

I began to black out as I felt someone grab my arm and waist, and begin to pull me out into the parking lot.

I felt hands grip around my waist, and I was snatched from behind. A hand was placed over my mouth, and I kicked as I was carried into the backyard of one of my neighbors. I closed my eyes tightly as whoever was taking me dragged me into a storage shed, and before I knew it they were touching all over me. 

I couldn't stop the flashbacks

I kept going in and out of consciousness as I felt myself being lifted and put into the front seat of a car.

---------------

"Amber, wake up!" I heard a voice speak to me as I gained consciousness.

Slowly, I peeled open my eyes.

"Amber?" The voice said.

I suddenly remembered what had happened just moments before I lost consciousness.

I closed my eyes tight and covered them up with my hands.

"Leave me alone!" I manage to yell.

I felt my arm being pulled away from my face, and I quickly yanked back, keeping my eyes shut. I didn't want to see his face, his eyes.

"Amber move your hands and open you eyes."

The voice sounded different. It didn't sound like Christian.

I shook my head and said, "No, just stop."

"Everything is okay now, it's Ethan just open your eyes."

Ethan.

"Where's Grayson?" I ask, keeping my eyes covered.

"He's on his way. Will you please just open your eyes?"

That was always the hard part. Opening my eyes.

I took a deep breath, and put my hands in my lap as I opened my eyes.

"You made a deal with him so you could get some money! Why would you do that Ethan?" I yell looking out the window, avoiding all eye contact.

"Amber I didn't know. I'm sorry."

I watched Grayson speed into the parking lot, and once he parked, I got out of Ethan's car, and ran up to Grayson.

He caught me in his arms, and rocked me back in forth as I let out a couple tears.

"Amber, are you okay?" He asked pulling away from the hug.

"Not really, I need to go home."

"Okay I'll take you to your grandmothers. Calm down baby."

"No, I don't want to be alone."

"Okay, we'll figure that out in a bit. I just need to make sure you're okay right now."

"W-where's Christian?" I ask hesitantly.

"Don't worry, the cops have got him."

I nodded my head giving him assurance that I was somewhat okay.

I was just very shaken up.

--------------

I couldn't let Grayson see me like this. But I couldn't hold it in for much longer. I had so much pain hurting me inside, I had to relieve this urge.

"I'm going to go take a bath upstairs in your bathroom if that's okay." I say getting up from the couch.

"Okay, that's fine. You can go get the bubble bath stuff, you know where it is."

I walked up the stairs, anxiously.

Once I got to Grayson's room, I looked in his top drawer of his dresser, and picked out one of his pocket knives.

Was I really about to do this?

Walking into the bathroom, I shut the door behind me, and neglected the bath. Instead, I took off my shorts, and sat down on the cold tile floor.

I looked down at my scars, I had been clean for so long.

I took a deep breath, and fixed the knife how I wanted it. I eyeballed it as I took it closer to my thigh.

I couldn't do it.

I was so happy with Grayson, this would just make him sad. And I didn't like seeing him sad. I wasn't depressed. I didn't have a reason to do it.

I couldn't bring myself to take the blade to my skin, and to pierce the flesh, I just couldn't.

I had came so far, so clean.

I folded the knife back up, and put it on top of the vanity.

I guess I'll actually take a nice bubble bath.

-----------------

After I got out of the bathtub, I found Grayson asleep on his bed. He looked so good.

I changed into my pajamas, and quietly laid down next to him.

I turned to my side as I looked at him. I admired every feature. The way he had his face smushed against his arm, was adorable.

I guess I woke him up moving around, because his eyes suddenly peeled open. He smiled, and I leaned over to kiss his cheek.

As my lips touched his cheek, he turned his head, cupped my cheek, and pressed his lips against mine passionately. Never have I ever, felt so wanted.

_________________

thank you for reading ! and, don't think this is near the end, we haven't gotten to the really good stuff yet! ;)

follow my twitter if ya want: @lolldolans

much love <3