chapter sixteen

amber's pov:

"You're really good at that." Grayson said as he watched me finish putting my winged eye liner on.

"Takes a lot of practice." I say through my teeth.

"Mom said dinner will be ready at 5:30, so we probably need to leave in about 10 minutes."

"You don't rush beauty."

"Well to be completely honest, you were already perfect without all that, so."

"I want to look good for your family Gray."

"I know babe."

I finished off my makeup look with a red lipstick, and a little gloss.

"Your lips look really good in that." Grayson said looking down at my lips, then my eyes.

"Yeah, too bad you won't be able to kiss me until it wears off." I tease him.

"Unless I'm the reason it wears off." Graysons says as he puts his hands on my waist.

"Not so fast big boy, gotta wait until after dinner." I say lightly pushing him away from me. "Now go ahead downstairs while I change."

We've been together for over a month officially, and I still won't change in front of him. We sleep together, no sex. We do have some pretty heated makeup sessions, but I always seem to chicken out before things get good.

Grayson never pressured me either, and I liked that. If I wasn't ready, he wasn't going to push anything.

After I changed, I walked downstairs, and met Grayson at the door.

"My girl is so beautiful." Grayson said looking me up and down.

"My man is so handsome." I said biting my lip, driving him crazy.

"You know just how to push my buttons don't you?" Grayson said opening the front door for me.

"Yes I do, and I love it."

---------------

Once we got to Grayson's grandmother's house, butterflies rushed to my stomach.

"Gray I'm nervous." I said getting out of his car.

"Why babe? My parents already love you, and I'm sure everyone else will too."

Grayson was always the best at comforting me. He knew when something was wrong, and he knew exactly what to say.

"I don't know I'm just scared."

"You shouldn't be, I know everyone is going to love you, how could they not?"

Grayson rang the doorbell once we go to the front porch, and held onto my waist.

"Grayson!" His grandmother said opening the door. "I've missed my baby!" She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"This must be the nice young lady I've heard all about!" She said leaning over and hugging me. "I'm a hugger sweetheart."