chapter twenty

grayson's pov:

I hesitantly pulled my truck out of Amber's driveway, with tears in my eyes. I was leaving my girl, my love, my forever, with a guy that's only goal was to hurt her.

I couldn't let anything happen to her.

I contemplated whether or not to go back inside, but I couldn't. I knew I had to save her though.

Thoughts ran through my mind as I pulled into the driveway next to Amber's house. I was going to wait and follow wherever Christian was taking her.

IMessage 9:32 p.m.

ethan , i need you to come
over to meet me over at amber's house asap

why, what's going on man?

christian.

oh, okay dude i'll be there in ten

park in her neighbor's driveway

okay

oh, and bring dad's gun from his nightstand

Read 9:37 p.m.

About ten minutes later, Ethan pulled into the driveway behind me, and I motioned for him to stay in his car. The people that lived there were out of town, but I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

We waited, until we noticed Christian walking from the back of their house, dragging Amber behind him. It pained me to see her hurting.

I texted Ethan, letting him know to follow behind Christian's car once he pulled out.

Anxiety filled my mind, and I couldn't stop thinking about Amber, and how she was feeling. I took deep breaths as Christian came to a stop on the side of the road, and Ethan and I pulled into another driveway.

Ethan called the police and stayed in the car as I watched Christian slap Amber forcefully, and I couldn't handle not being able to do anything to stop him.

He took her behind a house, and I got out of my car, shutting the door quietly behind me. Ethan rolled down his window, as I approached his car.

"Hey man what are you going to do?" He asked.

"Give me the gun." I said extending my hand out.

"No Gray just wait until the cops come." He said pushing my hand away.

"Ethan, hand it over."

"Grayson."

"He's hurting her!" I raised my voice slightly.

"Don't do anything stupid Gray." Ethan said pulling the gun out of the glove box.

I grabbed the gun out of his hand, and held it in front of me as I made my way to where Christian and Amber had gone.

I followed the sound of Amber crying, and once I made it behind the house, I saw no one. I shined the light on the gun all around the yard, and there was no one to be seen, but I could still hear her cries.

I put the gun down, and began to look around without the light, with my own eyes.

The surroundings around me felt familiar. I knew I had never been here before, but it felt as if I had seen this in a dream, or a story someone had told me.

The sound of Amber's cries softened, and I still had no idea where they had gone. I kicked the side of a shed in anger, and ran my fingers through my hair.

Seconds after I kicked the building, I heard someone moving around on the inside.

A realization came over me. This was where Amber was taken when she was six.

She was in the shed.