chapter thirteen

amber's pov:

Back in school, fall break was over sadly, which meant I couldn't spend as much time with Grayson. This sucked. We had no classes together, and I barely saw him throughout the school day. The only time I could see him was during lunch, and occasionally when we switched classes.

During the school day is when I really started to miss Brooklyn. She wasn't there to walk me to my classes, and to work on my projects with. We practically had every class together, but not anymore.

I mean, it's not like I don't have friends, I just don't have any close ones. Not many people wanted to hang with me because of what they had heard about me.

That was the sucky part of high school, the rumors. And I couldn't do anything about them.

"Amber!" I heard of voice coming closer to me as I opened up my locker.

It was Grayson.

He came up from behind me, and hugged me. Those hugs were always the best. He rested his head on my back, as I held his hands over my chest.

"How has your day been babygirl?"

"Terrible."

"Tell me about it."

"But seeing you kind of perked me up." I said with a smirk.

Grayson smiled, and before I could say anything Ethan walked over and wrapped his arm around Grayson's shoulder.

"What's up bro?" Ethan asked.

"Uhh, nothing much I guess." Grayson looked uncomfortable. He wanted to be alone with me.

"Well, I was thinking we all could go get some coffee after school on Friday."

"Oooo, coffee! I'm down." I said cutting him off.

"Such a white girl." Grayson said.

"Oh come on babe, you're just as much as one as I am!" I said punching his arm.

"Fine." He said rubbing his arm where I hit him.

"Okay, sounds good. I've got to head to class, see you later man." Ethan said patting Grayson on the back, then walking down the hallway.

"Guess what?" Grayson asks.

"You're skipping school with me to take me on a lunch date to Chick-fil-a?"

"Unfortunately, no."

"Then what?"

"I may or may not have gotten my schedule changed a bit to where I have a few classes with this really hot girl."

"Oh that's nice, and I have some classes with some hot guys, how nice." I said sarcastically. "What's her name?"

"It's this girl Amber Adams, I think that's her last name. She's so gorgeous, her boyfriend must be so lucky."

I can' help but blush when he says this, and a feeling of excitement rushes through me.

"Which classes?" I said grabbing his hand.