chapter six

amber's pov:

The sound of my phone vibrating on my bedside table woke me from my deep sleep. My eyes slowly peeled open, and I rolled over to find that Grayson was no longer laying next to me where I last saw him the night before. I turned back over towards my nightstand and picked up my phone. Turning my phone on, my lock screen was filled with notifications.

I had 16 missed calls from an unknown number, two from Ashley Caroline, and several unread text messages. I took a deep breath as I wiped my eyes and put my phone back down on my nightstand. I got out of bed and walked over to my bathroom, where Grayson must've been earlier in the morning. The toilet seat was left up. Guys, they'll never learn. After I used the bathroom and washed my face with some warm water, I walked downstairs to find Grayson.

I heard some noise in the kitchen, it must've been Grayson. Turning the corner entering the kitchen, I saw Grayson washing dishes. I smiled as he saw me, he probably made himself some breakfast and was just cleaning up after himself. "Good morning Grayson."

He didn't turn around, he didn't even acknowledge me. I walked closer to him, and gained the courage to wrap my arms around his waist. As soon as my hands touched him, he quickly grabbed my arms and pushed me into the counter. "What are you doing?" I ask frantically. He turned the faucet off, and pushed me to the ground. I looked up at him from the ground, and I feared him. The look he gave me, chills ran down my spine, he looked like he could really hurt me.

"This is what happens when you disobey me," another male voice said that wasn't Grayson. Coming at me towards my left was the unknown man, my kidnapper, or the rapist. I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my face in my legs. The man grabbed my arm and pulled me up to my feet. "Go crank up the truck Grayson." he said throwing him the keys. Grayson caught the keys, and ran out my front door.

The man pushed me up against the wall and grabbed my neck as he yelled, "Stop crying! If you did what I asked in the first place this wouldn't have happened!" I choked on my tears as I escaped his grip and fell to the cold floor. He dropped to the ground with me, and began to tie my legs up with a rope he had hidden in his back pocket. I squirmed as much as I could, but couldn't get away from his grip. "Please no, stop!" I yelled.

There was nothing I could do to make him stop, he picked me up and walked out the door with me, not bothering to shut the front door behind us. I tried to scream, maybe my neighbors would notice, but he covered my mouth, and held me harder. Grayson got out of the truck, and opened up the covering of the bed of the truck, the man threw me harshly inside, and it got darker as they covered me up. There was nothing I could do, I was getting taken. Again. 

"Amber? Are you okay?" I jumped as I heard this voice, I was afraid to open my eyes. Tears were streaming down my face, and I felt hands grab my arm. I quickly moved away, and opened my eyes. "It was just a bad dream." Grayson said as I pushed him away from me. "No it was real." I said. "It really happened." I got out of bed, and backed away from Grayson while he walked closer to me.

I dropped to the ground as more tears ran down my face. I covered my face up, as Grayson slowly sat down on the floor next to me. "Amber, what happened in your dream?" I shook my head, it felt so real. It really felt like Grayson hurt me. "You, you hurt me." I stuttered.

He moved closer towards me, and gently moved my hands from my face. He wiped my tears, and said, "I would never do anything to hurt you Amber." I shook my head, "But you did, and, and I don't need to talk to you anymore. I only will get to have that one man in my life."

Grayson shook his head and looked me deep in my eyes. "That man has no authority over you Amber, he never has, and never will." He grabbed my hand in his, and began gently rubbing his thumb over the top of mine. "I'm just so scared Grayson." I said quietly looking down at our hands.

He nodded his head as he took his free hand and placed it on my chin. I looked up at him as he moved my face closer to his. "Everything is going to be okay, I promise. As long as I'm with you." Once the last word left his lips, he leaned in and kissed my cheek softly. I smiled, looking away from him so my red cheeks weren't so apparent.

"I really like you Amber," Grayson said pushing my hair behind my ear.

And I really liked Grayson. Everything about him, I couldn't pinpoint one particular thing, because everything about him just seemed so perfect to me.

I really liked him. I was just so scared.

_____________________

thank you so much for reading! this chapter is shorter than the long ones i usually write, but there's a reason to that! stay tuned for the next chapter, it'll be interesting!!
my twitter: @lolldolans