Most Memorable Year: Part 1

Jenna's POV
Its Week 5, on Dancing with the Stars, Most Memorable Year. This week we have 2 dances, one dance for the stars' most memorable year and one for the pros. It's Tuesday morning and my partner Jake T. Austin and I have rehearsals at noon for his dance.

Jake picked 2005, the year Wizards of Waverly Place first aired on Disney Channel. He says it was his big break. I only have one problem, I have to choreograph a Samba to the Wizards of Waverly Place's theme song. Not only that, but I'm playing Selena Gomez's character, Alex Russo, which is a lot of pressure. I mean it's Selena Gomez! She killed that character for 5 years. Luckily Jake has it at least a little bit easier, he will play his character from the show, Max Russo, but he still has to learn the dance. Plus, I'll admit he's not the best dancer left in the competition, and the samba is one of the hardest dances to learn.

On top of all of that, I still have to pick my most memorable year, choose the dance style and figure out the choreography. Of course, I'm having a difficult time picking the year and I wanna pick the year, before I pick the dance style or even start choreographing. So, I can tell my story to the best of my ability, with real raw emotions.

I have narrowed down my top 3 most memorable years: 2013, 2014 or 2016. I know the years are very close together, but each one of those years have had a very big impact on me.

2013 is the year I auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance, Season 10, and made it to the Top 8, which had been a dream of mine since I saw my sisters audition.

But 2014 was the year I made the Troupe on Dancing with the Stars, Season 18, and fulfilled a lifelong dream of mine, of being on the biggest show on television.

My last option; this year, 2016, has been one of the best years of my life and one of the hardest. Early this year, I finished my second Dancing with the Stars tour, The Dance All Night Tour. I was also on the troupe for the 5th time this year, on Season 22. Going back to So You Think You Can Dance, I was given the opportunity to all star and mentor a 12 year old child, Jake Monreal. One of the biggest things that happened to me this year was I was made a Pro on Dancing with the Stars, probably the #1 thing on my dream list for as long as I can remember. But the thing that has shaped me the most this year, was my heart wrenching break-up... Although Val and I never confirmed it, everyone speculated us to be together. We had been dating on and off for 2 years since Season 18. Everything was perfect in the beginning, we spent any free moment we had together, despite rarely having public PDA, but towards the end of the relationship it turned one sided. I felt like, no I knew, Val had fallen out of love with me. Even though, Val breaking up with me was one of the hardest times of my life, it was a blessing in disguise. In the end, because of the break up I discovered my self worth and I have decided to start blog, that will launch in the beginning of December.

Well, I guess I better get to the studio and figure out what I'm picking.

*Skip to the Next Day*

"Hey Jenna, wanna start your dance now?" Jake asks me. We have just eaten lunch and are sitting in the break room.

"Sure, but don't you wanna know what I choose first?" I shoot back.

"Well, duh! That's what I was gonna ask next!"

"Geez, okay. It was really difficult." I say almost crying.

"Hey I'm sorry. You okay?" He says trying to comfort me.

"Yeah....... I choose...... 2016" I say, full on sobbing. The breakup was over a month ago, but it's still really hard to talk about. I don't know how I'm gonna film the package without breaking down.