Jenna's Part

Our Story

Hi guys! I know you all have had a lot of questions about me and Val, since we confirmed everything on Dancing with the Stars. But it didn't go down exactly how you would think.

This post is going to have the story of mine and Val's relationship, but there's a little twist. I made Val write about our relationship from his point of view. So you guys get the pleasure of reading about everything we have kept a secret, from you guys, for the past 2 years, from 2 different perspectives. The 2 perspectives of the people in the relationship.

I hope this post answers all or most questions about our relationship. From how we started, to breakups, to how we kept us a secret.So without a further-uh-do, here's my take on our relationship:

So it all started when I first joined on Dancing with the Stars. That is where we met: work. I know, unbelievable. But really, we both love our job and I was just made a pro this season! (AHH!) Anyway going back to the story, I had just joined the troupe in Season 18, after making it to Top 8 in So You Think You Can Dance and Val was competing with Danica McKellar.

Now, let me tell you about my first impression of Val. By the way, I first met him at the very first group rehearsal for the opening number of Dancing with the Stars Season 18. It was literally my very first day. Anyway, let me set the scene for you guys.

I am the new girl, along with Brittany and we only know a few people. So our best friends, Witney and Lindsay, are introducing us to everyone and Val is the last person they introduce us to. Unfortunately, we only have time to say  meet each other, before Mandy comes in a puts us to work.

I know most people would think that my mind would just go to, that he's hot, hot, hot, but there's more to him then that. He is the most generous, kind and trustworthy person I have ever met, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made some mistakes. (You will hear about that later) There's just something about him, aside from his charming ways, that can just make you feel like the most special person in the world and not in the 'player' way. He just does a lot of little things, that mean everything to me. I could literally gush about him forever, but I would bore you guys and you would stop reading. Just ask any one of our friends, that get so annoyed with us.

Back to the story, we flirted for the first few months and he was super mysterious. Forcing me to be intrigued with him. He finally asked me out halfway through the season and we were perfect. We had no fights, no arguments. Val even asked me to be in a few of his and Danica's numbers.

Finally, when the season was over and Meryl and Maks won! (Ahh!) The final four contestants, along with there pro partners always fly to New York for the GMA After Party, the next morning. So, even though, Val and Danica didn't make it to the final four, we still went with them.

One of my favorite things about Season 18, aside from meeting Val and it being my first season on Dancing with the Stars, I also got to meet Maks and Meryl. Maks is my big brother and always stands up for me, even when I'm fighting with Val. And Meryl is one of my best friends, you guys like to call us 'Menna'! We even went to Hawaii together after her and Maks won.

So, when Val and I went with Meryl and Maks to New York, I had the pleasure of meeting Val's family. Whom I love. I also got to meet one of the Chmerkovskiy's closest family friends, the Volynets. They are actually the cofounders of Maks's, Val's and Tony's dance studio, Dance With Me. While we were in the big apple, I got to meet, now one of my best friends, Nicole Volynets, now Gamer, Val's business partner in Wear Valentín. (GO BUY HIS CLOTHES NOW!) Nicole is also a stylist and she puts together the most amazing outfits. In fact, she dresses us (me, Peta, Sharna, Val and Maks) a lot, whenever we have an event. I love Nicole and I sometimes  don't know who I love more: Val or Nicole. Just kidding babe, it's you :)