Chapter (9)

Melody's POV

"This isn't funny, seriously Shawn." I mutter with a sigh. He figures it would be fun to come over while Jesse was home. He wants to rub me in Jesse's face, which I don't think is a good idea.

He bounces over to me, leaning down to give me a quick kiss. "I think it will be hilarous. The guy is an idiot. Plus, just because you are his cousin doesn't mean he won't look at you."

Shawn also thought he'd buy me a dress, it was very sexy. Deffinately something I didn't want to wear around Jesse. It was a short black dress, the back was an entire lace with flowers.

Shawn made his way into the living room, turning on some music. My parents are out of town for the weekend, and Jesse would be home any minute. Shawn turns back to me, pulling on my hand.

"Dance with me," He whispers in my ear, gently moving our bodies closer together. His hands go around my waist and mine around his neck. We sway with the music effortlessly and I felt at peace. I glance up at Shawn to notice him staring down at me, a smile spreads on his lips as I catch him.

I got on my tip toes to press my lips against his. He grins again before straightening, "I really love that dress on you."

I blush as I mutter, "Thanks."

He pecks my cheek and we continue to dance. When the song stops, I pull Shawn on the couch with me. Suddenly I want to feel his weight on top of me. He grins at me before diving down and devouring my lips. I twist my fingers into his hair and I feel his hand at the hem of my dress. His fingers brushing the skin that showed. I try to relax and focus on his lips trailing from my ear down to my neck. My mind began to wonder if he would hurt me. He begin to suck on my neck, and my body reacts just as he wanted. His lips cover mine and I feel his hand go up underneath the fabric of my dress.

Panic.

"Shawn!" I breath as I push his hand out. He rested it against my hip and I held his wrist there. I wasn't going to take any chances. His dark brown eyes searched my own for a few seconds until I let my gaze drop. Using his free hand, his fingers stroke my cheek and wipes away the few tears that fell.

"I'm sorry Melody," Shawn softy says, slowly making his way to my face. He leaves enough room for me to pull away if I want, but I don't. I let him gently peck me before moving to a sitting position. I follow and allow him to put his arm around me. Shawn doesn't say anything for awhile. I don't either, but still enjoy his hand rubbing my knee with care.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks so quietly that only I could hear from being so close to him. I was honestly thinking about telling him, until the front door open and closed. It had to be Jesse.

I shiver at the sound of him calling out my name. Shawn's arm squeezed me tighter, reassuring that I would be okay.

"I'm in here, Jess." I answer, stealing a look up at Shawn. He grins at me, pointing toward the dress. I roll my eyes.

The sound of Jesse's footsteps nearing us made me nervous. He had no idea Shawn was here and I expect him to begin yelling at me.

"Who's this?" Jesse wonders as he took a seat in the recliner. He reached for the remote on the coffee table to turn down the music. Shawn and I share a look, and I wonder why Jesse acts like he doesn't know Shawn.

"I'm Shawn, Melody's boyfriend." He introduces, enjoying watch as Jesse rolled his eyes.

"Jesse," He flattly replies before turning the TV on.

The tension was awkward, so I took Shawn by the hand and lead him into the kitchen. Once out of earshot, Shawn mocked his tone.

"Who's this? Who is this freaking guy all over my cousin?"

I shook my head and laugh at him. The two obviously didn't like each other at all. Under the circumstances, I can say that I understand why.

"Melody, can I talk to you? Alone?" Shawn questions, peering around the corner. I nod at him and took him to my room.

"Keep the door open," Jesse's voice follows me up the stairs. I roll my eyes as did Shawn too.

I sit in the middle of my queen sized bed. I watch as Shawn looks around my room, running his fingers over some of my swimming medals and trophies.

"I never knew you were a swimmer." He says, leaning forward to see a picture of the swim team last year. I stood between him and the wall, blocking his view.

"That's enough. I was in a bathing suit." I giggle and push him away. He shrugs with a smirk.

"And? You were still gorgeous then too."

"No, clearly not. Comparing that to this," I say as I try to pose sexy. He chuckles and lifted me off the ground. I shriek from surprise and he throws me onto the bed before diving in beside me. He got up on one elbow, resting his head on his hand. He faced me.

"Now I can see how many more curves you have." He smirks at me, running his hand down the backside of my thigh. He presses his lips to mine and I move on my back, making him follow if he wants the kiss. It wasn't long till I broke the kiss, I really wanted him to know my secret I've never told anyone.

"Shawn," I scold, taking his hand that tried to travel to my butt. His confused expression was clear as day. I play with a piece of his hair that got into his eyes.

"What happened?" He asks in a soothing tone. He put his arm around my waist and had us sitting against the wall in one motion.

"I'm out Mel, you two behave." Jesse calls from downstairs and the sound of the door closing echoed. Memories of that night played in my mind.

I rested my head on his shoulder. "Shawn, as a young girl I was..."

His hand begin to play with some of my hair. It helped calm my nerves and I felt safe. I feel safe in Shawn's arms. The words begin to roll out of my mouth and I didn't stop them. I had never told another soul but for some strange reason I want him to know.

"I was raped."