Chapter (10)

Shawn's POV

I feel my blood go icy cold as it raced through my veins. I pull her close in my embrace, feeling her shiver all over. I want to make her feel loved and cared for. I want to be the man that can help her get through her past.

"Mel," I whisper, feeling like the biggest asshole on the planet. I had tried to get under her dress twice in one day. "I'm so sorry. I wish I'd known earlier, I wouldn't even have tried anything."

She shrugs and moves to sit in my lap. "You didn't know."

I peck her cheek, whispering, "I feel like a jerk. I want you to know that I won't touch you in anyway you don't like. Unless you force me too."

She chuckles at my joke and it warmed my heart some. She meets my gaze and gives me a small smile.

"You were never rough Shawn. You have never touched me in a way that scared me. You kind of went further then I wanted today. I need time, I need.."

"I know and I'm sorry. I want to help you through this Mel, I do. But we need to communicate more. I need to learn to ask, and you.." I paused to smile softly at her, "You need to speak your mind."

She nods at me, "We can both work on those issues, together."

I agree with her and we sit in comfortable silence for some time. She would play with my hair every time it fell into my eyes. I just held her in my arms, wishing I could have known her way back then, so I could have saved her from the abuse.

"Can you tell me about it?" As soon as I spoke the words, I regretted it. A dark cloud of hurt covers her once bright sapphire eyes. She let go of my hair and stared at the wall. "Mel, you don't have too. I just want you to know that I'm here to listen."

She shook her head and gazes at me. "I know. I just... I can't tonight."

I nod and caressed her check.

Melody's POV

Shawn and I are currently snuggled up together on my bed. We are watching a movie too. Since I told him my secret earlier, his touch has somehow gotten softer. I feel him move is arms around my waist while whispering,

"Is this okay?"

I nod and murmur, "Yes."

I feel him reposition himself against me, spooning me with his arms around my waist. I start to feel my body betraying me, letting exhaustion take over. I did feel Shawn squeeze me tighter when the door downstairs slammed shut.

"Jesse?" I call out, my voice sounding tired and lazy.

"Mel, I umm.." He began to say but stopped when he noticed Shawn. "Aunt is going to be late tomorrow, so I don't mind if Shawn stays."

I nod up at him, wondering how much longer he was going to stand there looking at Shawn. He shook his head while muttering, "Keep the door open."

I roll over to face Shawn, seeing him smile at me. His arms were still around me and he lifted his right hand to stroke my cheek.

"So beautiful," He mumbles as he nears my lips. I pull him down close enough to press my lips to his.

I roam my hands down his back and slip them underneath his shirt. I feel his muscles tense under my grasp and it makes me grin.

"I.Want.To.Take.Things.Slow." Shawn says in between kissing my lips.

I roll him over to straddle him, I kiss him before answering, "Why?"

He pulls away and pecks my cheek. "You know why."

I sigh, "I know. I just get so caught up in the moment sometimes."

He nods at me, "I won't let it get too far ok Baby?"

"Thanks," I breathe, leaning forward to kiss him once again. He smiles at me before I get off him to lay back down.

I soon feel him pressed against my back, wrapping his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Sweetheart." He whispers, pecking my cheek softly.

"Night,"