Chapter (8)

Shawn's POV

No call. I thought as I awoke the next morning. Patrick didn't make it back until after one or two. I look across the room to see another figure in the bed with him. Stunned, I stand to get a better view of the girl. I didn't recongize her at Melody, so I didn't really care who she was.

I bent over to grab my phone and light it up to find a new text message.

I want to apoligize for not calling you. I'm fucked up Shawn, I don't know if you want to waste your time. Call me when you can. ~Melody

I pick up the nearest shirt and pull it over my head after putting on some pants. I grab my book and try to call Melody but all I get is her voicemail. I send her a quick text before walking into the classroom.

I don't care. I want you.

I sit in the back like usual. The proffessor begins the lecture of the day and I follow along for the most part. I feel my phone buzz and take it out.

It's bad.

I text her back.

I don't care. I will help you through it.

Don't say anything you will regret.

I won't. How about lunch after next hour?

Absolutely.

Okay. Don't worry about us.

I wasn't sure if I should have said "us" because she never responded. I shrug it off and see the backside of Melody. She is talking to a girl about some sort of question on a paper the girl had asked. When she turns around and spots me, an empty seat beside me too, her beautiful smile makes me melt inside.

"Shawn I'm sorry about yesterday. I just don't have good experinece..." Melody begins to say as I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just get through this hour so we can have some lunch."

The proffessor begins with teaching us a new math problem.

An hour later, we are all free.

"We got to stop by my doorm. I gotta grab my keys to my car." I announce as we walk out of the class. She nods at me and I take her bag from her. I put my book inside before throwing it over my shoulder.

"Thanks," She smiles at me as we make our way to my doorm. I unlock the door and drop her bag on the floor. I grab the keys off the desk and turn back to see Melody chewing on her lip.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, taking the few strides over to her. She shrugs and moves forward to hug me.

"You should have just told me." She whispers in my ear. Confused, I look down at her. A tear slips from her eye and I give her a confused expression. She points to my bed and I turn to stare.

A pink bra lays under my pillow.

"I think lunch is off." She says with a sigh. I reach for her wrist and surprisingly she doesn't pull away.

"Melody wait. I swear to you it's not what it looks like."

She sighs, "Shawn how are you supposed to help me work through my issues if your out with other girls."

"Melody I don't know how that got there. I'm not seeing any girls."

Patrick and the girl from earlier come in at this time. She giggles and Pat notices the mood between Melody and I. His gaze rested on the bra and he shares a look with the girl.

"Oh, Shawn i'm so sorry. I forgot that when Patrick and I..." She trails off with a huge smile on her face. "I'll just take this."

Melody took my hand and lead me outside the doorm. I pause and pull her into the guys restroom.