Chapter 41

"Are you ever going to tell him?"

"... I don't know... I have to..."

"Do you think he's going to get angry?"

"I don't know... I don't want him to." 

Kris furrowed his eyebrows as he stood infront of Kyungsoo's door. The Chinese male had decided to visit his boyfriend only to be stopped as he heard Tao's choked up voice and Kyungsoo's calm voice. What was Tao hiding from him? Why would he be angry?

"I don't know what to do, hyung." 

Kris's face flushed with worry as he heard Tao's voice crack, a soft sob audible from the opposite side of the door. Kris clenched his fist as he opened the door, wanting to know why Tao was crying. Kyungsoo's eyes widened even more as his jaw dropped, wondering why Kris was over. Tao tensed under Kyungsoo's hold as he looked up at his boyfriend.

"Tell me what? Why're you crying? Why would I be angry, Tao?" Kris asked, looking down at the two. 

Kyungsoo nerviously looked around the room before standing up. 

"I'll let you guys talk." Kyungsoo said before quickly exiting the suffocating room. 

Kris didn't move as he waited for an explanation from the younger. Tao wiped away his tears before curling into a ball, his back against the bed frame. Kris' heart broke as he saw this new vulnerable side of Tao, wondering what horrific thing must've happened to make his boyfriend cry. 

"P-Please don't be m-mad." Tao cried, fresh tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"About what?" Kris asked, quietly walking towards Tao, wrapping his arms around the crying boy. 

"P-Please."

"I won't get mad, Tao. What's wrong?" Kris asked once again, cradling the small body. 

"I... I'm leaving soon."

Kris froze at the sentence, not sure if he heard correctly. Tao sobbed harder as he felt Kris' action stop and didn't know if he should continue. 

"What do you mean?" Kris asked, his voice cold. 

"I-I'm a transfer student for the year... once the year's over and I-I graduate."

"You have to go back to China." Kris whispered, finishing Tao's sentence. 

Tao whimpered as he nodded his head, hoping to God that Kris wouldn't leave him. 

"I don't w-wanna go, gege... I... I don't want to leave you... or Kyungsoo or Baekhyun." Tao quickly said, looking up at Kris with tear streaked cheeks. 

Kris sighed before bringing Tao closer to his body, thoughts flying everywhere in his mind. What would he do once Tao and Luhan left? Speaking of which... does Sehun know about this? What would he do? Would a long distance relationship work? He always heard abotu couples breaking up because they couldn't handle the distance between the two.

"I'm sorry!" Tao choked out, clenching Kris' shirt.

"It's okay, Tao... I'm just... a little speechless..." Kris whispered, kissing Tao's forehead. 

Shit, graduation is in two weeks. Kris thought, closing his eyes. 

"I love you, Kris." 

Kris' eyes flew open as he looked down at Tao, who was now staring at him. Kris hoped to God that Tao couldn't hear how rapid his heart was beating from the last three words. Tao sniffled before wiping away the last of his tears before looking back up at his boyfriend.