chapter three

I'm about to have a phone call with Jermaine today. how do you prepare for a phone call with a boy and on top of that he didn't even give  a time. i look over to my cell phone in fear that it would be him. then it rings and the ringtone seemed louder than usual and thank god it's was Aaliyah telling about a new album by our favorite artist. after that was over i heard my phone ring again and this time i know its not my Aaliyah or kendra i just had a feeling this time. it was TIME. i picked my phone slowly and clicked that button and whisper hello.

"whats up girl"

"what did you want to talk about"

"well tell about this city and where are all the cool hang outs and about our school"

"well  about school you are going to figure it yourself cause I'm not really a fan about school and all we have is really the mall and movies and skating and if you're lucky or a very social person you have house party or kick backs."

"mmm kay interesting"

it got silent. well congrats genavive you just lost another friend. well its nothing new.

"you still up for the mall tomorrow" 

"yeah for sure"

i didn't mess it up for sure. today is the day i hang out with him at the mall with Aaliyah. i told her to come to my house to get dressed and all. and ill use my sister car to drive us  there.

"are you nervous genavive????" 

"well this is the first time i  have gone to the mall with a guy i just normally just go with and the girls"

"true but it shouldn't be that different just that they can't relate about periods and stuff"

after that conversation we headed to the mall. and i got a text from Jermaine saying he was going to be a little late so told Aaliyah about it. we decided to go to forever 21 and look at jewelry. and a about hour later i got a text he was in the food court.