Chapter 6 - Alex and Confessions

"Alex?"

"Madalyn?"

"Yeah. What are you. Wait never mind. You went on a date with Thomas."

"How did you know?"

"He's practically my brother."

"Well if it isn't awkward, he's a pretty hot brother."

"I've heard it before. Still weird though." Because I like him!! 

"Oh. Sorry."

"No, no, it's okay. I just came home to change."

"You live here?"

"Yeah. Our parents helped us both get an apartment here. The deal was that they'd pay the rent for the first few months so we could get adjusted to college, and get jobs. Then it's on us."

"Cool. I think that's awesome. How long have you known Thomas?"

"Forever." Just then, Thomas walks out in nothing but boxers.

"Who you talking to, Alex?" he says, rubbing his eyes.

"Madalyn."

"Oh. Hi Madalyn." he said, half asleep. "Wait, MADALYN!" he practically yelped.

"Haha. Don't pretend to be shy. This isn't the first time I've seen you in boxers." he looked confused. "The graduation party?"

"Oh. Oh right." he stopped hiding behind Alex, which didn't work anyways. She's petit, and he isn't. It was funny to see him try, though.

"I'm going to go. This is a little awkward. Um... Have a good day I'll text you Thomas." Alex went into Thomas' room.

"Alex," I called through the door. "I was heading out. I literally came home because I didn't like what I packed for the sleepover. I'll be gone in a minute."

"Oh. Okay. I hate to boot you out of your own apartment."

"No, no. Not at all."

"Wait, Madds. Can you make pancakes first?" asked Thomas. I laughed. Alex came out of Thomas' room fully dressed.

"I don't have a problem with that," I said under my breath so Alex couldn't hear. "But Alex might."

"Umm..." said Alex "I should go."

"Alex, please, stay." I said. I walked to the door, opened it, and walked out. I stuck my head in.

"See ya!" I twirled the other direction and pulled the door closed behind me. As I walked down the carpeted stairs, bag in hand, I realized that for the first time since I've been here it's dead silent. I exited the building and went to class.

Bryce didn't sit next to me, and I didn't blame him. It was a nasty 'breakup' if you could even call it that.

"Where's Bryce?" asked Ashley

"We, uh. He's not gonna be sitting here anymore." a girl ran in, almost late. She scanned the seats quickly, and sat next to me.

"Hi," she said, out of breath. "I'm Mia."

"Madalyn."

"I like your name."

"Likewise." I giggled, and so did she. The professor cleared his throat loudly, and so Mia and I were passing notes all through class. Ashley had dozed off again. When the bell rang, I exchanged numbers with Mia, we were obviously very alike. I woke Ashley, and told her she could borrow my notes.

I got home, and still had an hour before my next class. Thomas walked in the door.

"Hey." I said, not looking up from my phone. I was texting Mia.