Chapter 11

This Chap may be kind of boring, but it helps to unveil the two characters a little better. This story is dedicated to the first writer that had me hooked on wattpad, TheFairytale. Thanks for the inspiration

_________________

Wynn:

A series of profanities ran through my head as I stared at him. He stared back at me, as if he knew what I was thinking.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly while considering my options. I proceeded towards the bed and was a little amused when Dan seemed surprised. But then I just propped some pillows up, so I could sit comfortably. I turned my head towards the door where the light from Gary's and Melanie's room shone.

Dan chuckled, ''So you do think highly of yourself! You know how many girls would love to be here right now'?'

So arrogant. Just a slight move of elbow and all his teeth will crack. I thought about that guy on that documentary Nate and I were watching the other day, whose entire teeth set smashed when he fell while skiing. He had what appeared to be bamboo sticks poking out of his gums to replace his real teeth. I had thought it was revolting the time I had seen it first, but now that I pictured Dan with those, it made me laugh. My reaction puzzled him and I relaxed. But I continued to stare at the door.

''What's so funny?'' He asked.

I did not reply. For fifteen minutes or so, I sat staring at the door and I felt his eyes on me, studying.

''This is going to take foreover.'' I said mostly to myself.

 I started to lay the pillows down so I could sleep. Then I placed the rest of the pillows between us. He was staring at me as I worked. ''And yes, I do think highly of myself.''

This time I looked at him before dropping down, '' Guess I'm that kind of girl.''

The pillows meant he could not see me, so I stared at the ceiling for a moment and then closed my eyes. A full minute passed before he spoke. I was near dozing off.

''What are you thinking?'' He asked suddenly in an attempted light tone but it ended up sounding as such an intense question that I was the one puzzled for a moment.

''Nothing, I'm just tired.'' I replied. Sleepiness was making me friendly because I actually bothered to reply. He seemed happy that I was talking to him.

''You know, you'll be around here a lot now that you're teaching Stevie,  I think we should get to know each other better.''

''Oh, I know you quite enough.''

''You do?'' He asked, not catching the resentment in my voice that was heavy with sleep.

''Hmmm''

''Then we should be friends.''

''We can never be friends.'' I said with a tone of finality. He sounded taken aback. He even propped himself up on his elbow and leaned over the pillows. I opened my eyes and surveyed him calmly.

''Why not?'' He asked. The poor guy. It couldn't be his first rejection, right? Guess it was. 

''Because you don't mean anything to me.'' I answered truthfully. I did not want to hurt him, even though he had hurt me once. I just wanted to nip whatever he was thinking in the bud. Why did he bother to talk to me? Why couldn't I be just one of the other girls? Like Jennifer or some wallflower girl? Or maybe toying around did not mean anything to him, but it I was not used to it and it kind of bugged me. I figured I will just tell him what I really thought of him and he could just find some other willing girl to play with. God knows there were plenty of those around.