The Trap

Talon yawns and looks at the projected clock on his bracer. '5:30 am, time to get to work' Talon thinks over what had happened last night, hoping that the plan would work.

Talon had finally gotten up enough courage to tell his uncle Claw about the tracking devices hidden in the gadget mobile.
He was hit with a huge surprise though when instead of being angry, his uncle was thrilled.

Apparently it was worth getting a hiding spot, because they knew that Gadget was coming and they could now try and trap him in the lair.

'The plans not actually half bad' Talon thinks to himself as he goes to his computer. Before he gets to work setting up the trap, he wanted to see if Penny had updated anything in her diary while he was asleep and didn't hear the notification.

'Just to see if she has any helpful information about todays mission... Or maybe some new thoughts about me' Talon shakes his head after thinking the last part. This was no time to be thinking about her crush on him.

'No new updates' Talon frowns. 'It was worth a shot' He gets up to go set the trap.

Right outside HQ:

"Gadget, we have a new mission for you! Dr.Claw has stolen the gadget mobile, and we need you to retrieve it" Chief Quimby says in his 'mission voice'.

Penny smiles and nods, she had been waiting for the chief to give them that mission.

"Go go Gadget copter!" Inspector Gadget commands. Penny watches as her uncle's jetpack appears and gasps in surprise when he grabs her and Brain quickly before he fly's off in a random direction. "Don't worry chief, we'll get the gadget mobile back safely in no time"

*10 min later*

Gadget, Penny, and Brain finally arrive at M.A.D's lair and Penny jumps out of Gadgets arms.

"I'll go look around to see if I can find anything. Brain, stay with Uncle Gadget. You two look around, but be careful!" Penny says to them.

Brain nods his head and salutes her, while also trying to get out of Gadgets arms.

"Lets get to it Brain" Gadget says while running off, still holding tightly onto the miserable canine.

Penny searches up and down the lair walls, scanning it with here codex as she goes. She smiles to herself as she finds the hidden entrance.

She does a few practice kicks to prepare herself and pushes on the door slowly, cringing as it creaks open. Penny looks around, watching for any M.A.D agents that might have heard her...

'Particularly a handsome one with amazing hair and charming ways...' she silently acknowledges. Penny gasps when she realises that no M.A.D agents are around.

That would be good news except for the fact that she isn't alone in here. Her uncle is here too.. and in a cage.. and knocked out.

Penny quickly scans the room, checking for traps.. But before she can finish scanning, a cage, identical to the one holding Gadget falls over her.

"No!!!" Penny screams, banging on the bars. She scowls and scans for any way out, and weak place in the bars... Nothing.

She throws her codex's screen against the bars to try and break herself an exit. Penny ducks down as her plan backfires on her as it bounces off, almost hitting her.

'Ugh, they really made this thing strong... I wonder if I can get out of here.' Penny rolls her eyes, annoyed at her own thoughts. She would get out of here, rescue her uncle, and finish their mission, somehow..

*37 min later*

'Dear codex diary,
I'm currently trapped in a cage hidden in M.A.D's lair. I know this is a bad time to be writing, but after trying to escape for this long with no progress, I need a break.

Also, I overheard Uncle Gadget saying something in the cage next to me that I don't want to forget, before I can look into this more.

While being knocked out, he clearly said... "I'm just glad Penny hasn't figured out about her father yet chief."

What's that supposed to mean? I guess i will be doing some spying later, but for now I smell Talons hair gel and it's getting stronger. I'd better go before he see's me typing. 

Sincerely, Penny