To Forgive

Penny looks at the files and feels conflicted. 'Well this is a new way to confess feelings. I think I still like him too.. but what he did really hurt me. He never should have touched my stuff. Should I forgive him? I need to talk to someone about this.'

Penny calls Kayla on her codex. "Hey girl, what's up?" Kayla asks. "I just need someone to talk to right now, are you busy?" She asks. Kayla notices that something is really wrong and she smiles softly. "Of course, tell me what's going on" Penny explains about Talon hacking her diary and their mutual crushes. She is very careful to avoid mentioning what was in the diary as she talks, but Kayla is curious "What did you write about that was so bad anyway?" Kayla asks.

Penny freezes for a second then says, "Just normal diary stuff, talking about my day and my crush and stuff." "Your a horrible liar" Kayla says. "You can tell me, I won't tell anyone." 'I have known her a long time. Would she think of me differently if she knew..' "Don't you trust me?" Kayla asks. 'I do trust you Kayla.. please don't me regret this.' "My dad was a M.A.D agent" she states bluntly. Kayla's eyes widen. "Woah, start front beginning. What happened. I thought he worked for HQ." Kayla stays uncharacteristically silent as Penny tells her the story and how she found out. When she finishes talking, she looks at Kayla, waiting for her reaction.

"I am so sorry that you had to go though that alone. I am absolutely here for you if you need anything. I don't blame you for your genes. One of my uncle's is an absolute jerk, doesn't mean that I am. As for Talon, it was a really low move to read your stuff, but he probably wasn't expecting to find that kind of info into there. I can't tell you what you should do, but he seems really apologetic. I think that you should take your time. You need to acknowledge your feelings. But I do think that you should forgive him eventually." Kayla says.

Penny replies, "I guess your right." "Are you going to be okay?" Kayla asks. Penny nods. "I should be going now, but I'll talk to you soon, okay Pen?" The girls say goodbye and the call ends.

*A few days later*

Penny gets a message from Talon. "I understand if you don't want to talk to me, but I needed to let you know something. I am leaving M.A.D soon. I don't know how I'll do it, but I will. I might not make it out alive, but I am going to try anyway. I have to.  I can't take back everything that I did over the years, but I can stop myself from causing you any more harm.  I still like you Penny, but I get it if you don't feel the same anymore. Anyhoo, sorry again Penny, for everything."

Penny reads the message and her eyes fill with tears. 'Is he really willing to leave for me?' Penny finally gets up the courage to send a message back to Talon. "I forgive you. I'm still upset about what you did, but I understand. I would have probably read your personal information if I had thought that it would help HQ. I still care about you Talon. Please be careful. If you really are leaving, can I try to work something out with HQ? Maybe I can help somehow, get you in less legal trouble?"

Her codex dings in his response. 'That was fast' "That's more than I hoped for Penny, thank you. I doubt you can do much with HQ, but you can try if you really want to." Penny smiles at the message. She thinks back about what Talon said before about how dangerous it was to try and leave M.A.D. 'I'll figure something out Talon, I promise.'