Comfort

'Dear Codex Diary,

If my dad didn't die, would I have joined him and M.A.D? I first wanted to join HQ to be like my uncle, I thought he was amazing for helping all those people. Now I realise that he doesn't do a lot of the work, but he still tries. If I was raised by my dad would I have looked up to him like that? Would I have become a villian?

Was I meant to become evil? I don't want to be a criminal, I've always been the hero! What would the other agents say if they found out? I would be rejected for sure. What if they already did? Maybe that's why I haven't become a full agent yet, nobody trusts me. Would Kayla really want to  be friends with someone like that? I can't be evil, I just can't! I dont know if I can forgive HQ for lying to me for so long. I've been thinking of turning in my resignation. What do you think codex?

Sincerely, Penny

Talon glares at his bracer. "Awful idea. That's what I think, its an awful idea. If she quit HQ, who would I fight? Nobody else can keep up with me. Nobody else can make me feel like she does. How could she think she's evil cause of some guy she knew when she was a kid. It doesn't pass down through blood like a disease. I've got to talk to her." He says. Talon clicks a few buttons and tracks her Codex's signal. 'Found her'

*At the park*

Penny sits under a tree crying, leaning against it's trunk. 'Take a deep breath, calm down. You'll get through this, somehow.' Penny starts counting down from 100 to calm herself down. '100, 99, 98...' Right as she gets down to 42 she hears a voice.

"Hey Pretty Penny" Talon says as he uses his rocket boots to land next to her. Penny wipes away her tears quickly. "Talon" she replies suprised. She looks at him  with a worried expression, but then forces herself to try and look normal. "What's the plan this time?" Penny stands up, ready to fight. Talon holds up his hands. "No plan, really. I happened to be flying by and saw you crying. I wanted to make sure you where alright. If you aren't in top condition, life would get to easy." he teases.

"Well, we wouldn't want that would we?" Penny says with a small crack of a smile. "Really though, are you ok?" He asks, already knowing that she's not. "I'm fine. Just some family problems." Penny answers. Talon nods. "Anyhoo, how about a walk around the park to help forget your problems?" Talon asks. "With you?" Penny raises her eyebrows.

"You should feel flattered. I'm the best company there is." He flirts. "So I can forget about my other problems and think about the one's that you cause... Why not?" Penny says with a laugh. Talon offers her his hand to help her up. She takes it. "Ouch, what probloms could I possibly cause?" He runs his hand over his hair and smirks. "I'm perfect." "Sure, but you also try to take over the world at least once a month" she answers.

"I guess. But I'm not trying now. Anyhoo, it's nice to know that you agree that I'm perfect" he says as they walk. "I didn't say.." Penny realises that she said sure to him saying that he was perfect. "You know what I meant" They laugh and keep walking in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. They get up to the lake at the edge of the park. "My feet are getting kinda tired, want to rest for a while?" Talon asks. Penny nods and they sit down at the edge of the water.

"Its a beautiful view." Penny says. Talon looks into her bright blue eyes and replies. "I agree, stunning." He  watches as a single tear runs falls from her left eye and rolls down her face. He reaches over and wipes it away with his finger. She looks at him confused. 'Why is he being so nice?' He pulls his hand away and smiles at her awkwardly. Penny smiles back. "Ya still feeling down?" he asks. "A little, but I'll be okay... Thank you Talon." She says with a blush. While looking at Talons's sweet smile, and thinking about how wonderful he's been to her today, she realises something. 'I fell for a M.A.D agent, just like my mom...'