Job Advice with Krillin

It wasn't long before Pumkin regained consciousness. When she opened her eyes, her head was on Cara's lap. Cap was stroking her head and smiling as Rime tended to whatever wounds she had, binding them.

"Well, you were out for quite a bit." said Rime pleasantly, giving one of his usual polite smiles.

"Where's Kirito? And Roark?"

At the mention of Roark's name, Rime and Cara exchanged dark looks.

"Kirito's gone to fetch the others, so he can lead them back here." said Rime pointing at a large open stone door that wasn't there before. "That's the exit outside.. to freedom, and whatever else the gods have in store for us... whoever these supposed 'gods' are.."

"Satori." Pumkin muttered.

"I'm sorry." said Rime. "There was nothing we could do for him.. he's...  he's dead.."

Rime's voice seemed to break a little. Did he genuinely like Satori?

"Congratulations, young warriors."

A small voice spoke out, and without warning a new figure appeared within a soft blue light.

She was around 5 feet tall, with thin body, and blue armor that spread out like a dress beneath her.. and decorated like a blouse on her torso. She had an oval shaped head with one bulbous lens which glowed. underneath her shell, gears could be seen whirring and turning.

I am Gesel, the Goddess who referees the Game." said Gesel. "As you have defeated the Room Boss, you are free to progress to the country of Aegis."

Seeing another god before her.. another one of the stupid beings that amused themselves with death, Pumkin felt her rage surge again, and her body immediately ignited in gold aura as she accidentally turned into a Super Saiyan.

"I would advise that you not attack me." said Gesel, seeing the Super Saiyan form. I do not amuse myself with this game as the other gods do, I merely do as they command, as I am quite low on the totem pole.

Her voice sounded sympathetic this time, so Pumkin's rage eased, her body returning to normal.

"I shall now explain the rules to you, which will be available to see on your Main Menu." said Gesel.

"Main menu?" said Rime, as polite as ever. "Do explain that first please."

Gesel handed out three strange looking bracelets to the group. "Tap these, and a holographic menu will appear, displaying the items in your Item Pouch, which is a dimensional rift holding your items at all times. You may also check time, communicate with friends, and do many things that one would do in an MMORPG game. If you lose yours, another will be provided to you provided you issue report to the local authorities within a week of the incident."

Gesel looked at the trio now, making sure that they knew how to work their bracelets. "Now, I shall explain the rules of the Game. First off. The world you are entering is real, and the citizens are all real people with real problems and needs, and they all serve the gods fervently. You are required to live among them. Therefore, in order to secure money to survive, you must find jobs, and find your own living arrangements, just because you are a game participant, does not earn you a god's special favor."

Gesel held up two metal fingers. "Next up are Quests. Gods will issue quests for Game Participants which can be found on bulletin boards throughout towns, villages, and cities. Each quest grants Points as Rewards, which can be used to level up your abilities and rediscover skills your avatar used in the game they came from. You are required to do at least 2 quests a week, or a god will come and kill you on the spot, regarding this as a sign of forfeiting the game and therefore your lives.