FORGIVE AND FORGET?

This chapter is dedicated to emilyabeemer. Thank you for being the first to read the previous chapter.

******************************

*Carter's POV*
I stopped dead in my tracks as I watched the last person I expected to see cooking.

"Mom? " I asked. I know you all are thinking it is quite normal for your mom to do breakfast, but when she hasn't been there for years and you barely have a decent conversation. Then it is something strange.

" Morning honey," she said with a smile. It seemed weird. I looked at her smile and her eyes and see that it was genuine.

"I know all of this seems weird but I want you to know that I want to be there for you. I have been a terrible person in not talking to you and I am truly sorry. I hope you can forgive me," she said.

So many people asking for my forgiveness. First Micheal and now my mom.

You have to forgive her. Came my subconsciousness.

'Why should I ' I asked back.

Because you forgave Micheal so it is only fair.

Did I ever mention that I completely HATE it when my subconsciousness is right?

"Carter? Are you still there?" came my moms voice.

"Yeah I'm here," I replied.

"So?"she asked.

"Well.... Ummm......I ..." I couldn't say it. I let out a sigh and tried again. "To be honest mom, I don't know. After all these years of you being out of my life, it is hard to just forget it and forgive," I replied.

"I'm not asking for you to forget. Only to forgive and maybe we can work on our relationship," she replied. I could see the sincerity in her eyes and hear it in her voice.

"Fine. I will try to work on our relationship and see where it goes from there."

"That's all I'm asking for," she replied.

"Please don't make me regret it," I said.

"You won't I promise," she replied.

"So about breakfast...." I started. I have to admit, she is an awesome cook.

"Right. Sit and have some," she said with a bright smile. I sit around the island and look at her as she shared my breakfast. Her eyes twinkled. It has been a long while since she last smiled and had that twinkle in her eyes.

"Carter??" She called. Pulling me back to reality.

"Yeah. I'm here," I replied.

I quickly ate breakfast and headed to the door after telling my mom goodbye. I step through the door only to be greeted by my "boyfriend".

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Thought it would be nice to give you a ride to school. As a apology for what I did." he replied.

"You apologized yesterday and I forgave you." I said.

"I know but I still want to make it up to you," he replied.

"Ok . Fine," I said and got in the car. Maybe he was going to change after all.

***************************
Not a very long update I know. But I have school which is getting a bit stressing so updates may be a little late. Please forgive me.

Don't forget to:
Vote,
Comment,
Follow and
Share.

Pease out.
XOXO