Please, Don't

When they left the room Alex paced back and forth until he heard the elevator door shut across the hall. Then he ran out of the room and pushed on the button rapidly. As soon as the elevator opened a grouped of kids jumped out as he went in. He struggled to get in. When he finally got to the first floor he ran to the door.
            He could still see Destiny and her father walking towards a parked car at the end of the lot. He ran out towards them as quietly as he could. He got about a foot away then stopped and turned around. He started running for his own car. But he wasn't as quiet as he thought he was.

           Just as he heard Destiny tell "No, PLEASE DON'T!!" there was a loud BANG and then a ringing in his ears and a pain in his stomach. As looked down and saw the blood he fell to the ground trying to breathe. "There happy now?" Destiny's father asked as he chased her into the parked car, laughing.
                 Alex tried getting up but he couldn't. He couldn't breathe let alone move even the slightest bit. He weakly screamed for someone to help him. Luckily there was a passerby at that time and he rushed to the scene. Just as he pulled out his phone to dial 911 Alex passed out.

         Will Alex survive and rescue Destiny? Wait for the next chapter to find out.