The Answer 2

Destiny POV

       I went to get some water from the vending machine around the corner. When I came back and sat down next to my mother who had recently showed love to me, the doctor came out with this look of... mm, how would I explain it? Ah, hope.

         He came up to me and mother looking directly at me. "He's..." My mother took my hand, I would expect because she thinks it's going to be bad news. But I had hope. "Going to be okay." The doctor said with a smile. I look at my mother and jump out of my seat. I wrapped my arms around the doctor. "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" I started screaming. He laughed and put his hand on my shoulder. I wince at the pain and he pulled his arm back. I had just gotten stitches there so it hurts. "We made sure there is nothing else lurking around in his abdomen and there isn't. He's breathing normally and he just woke back up. The nurse is bringing him back to the room right now. He will be able to come home in a week or so." I smile at him and he walks away.

             I soon see Alex on the gurney being brought back to his room and I walk over. "I'll be back mom." I tell her and give her a hug before going.

          I walk into the room and as soon as he turns to see me his face lit up. I love his smile. It just melts my heart. I couldn't help but smile back. Thank God he's okay.

           I walk over to him and grab his hand while sitting next to the bed. "I love you." I say before planting a light kiss on his lips. He smiles even more as I do so. "I love you too." He tells me.

         I look over and see the nurse standing there watching us with the biggest grin ever. She see's me look at her and she comes over to put a hand on my shoulder. But pulls away when I wince in pain. "Oh. Sorry." She says. "I just wanted to say, seeing you two together makes my heart warm. You have something special." She told us. I smile at the thought.

         I look at the ring on my finger and my heart melts. I'm getting married to the best man I've ever known. I think to myself. I look up at the TV and see what we're watching. The news. There's my father on the screen. And then I remember. I'm still covered in blood.

           "Babe." I said. He looked over at me. "I'll be back. Maybe later. But definitely tomarrow." He smiled at me. "Okay princess. I love you."

         He lightly place a hand on my cheek as I land a light kiss on his lips. Then his head. "Get well soon." I said. Winking at him as I walk through the door.

         I look over at my mother and she's half asleep. I laugh as I walk over to her to wake her. "Mom. Come on let's go home." She stands up and follows me to the elevator.

         When we get outside, I follow her to her car. On the ride home, I looked at her. "Why did you come to the hospital? When did you stop drinking?" I asked her. She looked at me and grabbed my hand. "Hunny I haven't drank anything but water making sure to be sober since Wednesday. I finally noticed what was happening on Tuesday. What I was doing to you." Her hand moved to my cheek as she looked at me while at the stoplight. Then back to my hand. "Sweetheart, I am so sorry. For all of that. Well when you didn't come home Wednesday I knew something was wrong. I had seen what was happening on the news. I saw Alex on the TV in the hospital. I didn't know he was back in town. But I went straight there. On my way there I heard on the radio that the police had found that asshole but not you. I was so worried. I thought he had actually killed you."

          I looked down and my lap. A tear fell from my eye as she continued. "Then I heard they found two dead bodies in his basement identified as your brother and sister. I am so sorry. When I got there, I saw you covered in blood. I was so scared I had lost all of my children. I was so thankful when I found you. I missed you so much baby. I'm so sorry for everything. I will never touch alcohol again. I swear." I smiled at her as we pulled into our driveway.