Mom?

"Mom?" Destiny asked, confused. Her mom reached out and hugged her. She started to cry. Destiny's mom ran her hand through her hair and spoke. "I am so sorry. It's been some hard times. I'm so sorry for what I've done. Please, please forgive me?" Destiny looks her in the eyes and starts to cry. "I-I can't" she choked.

                Alex got up and this time no one stopped him. He walked over to Destiny and held her as she cried. Her mother turned around and went to walk out of the door. But Destiny grabbed her hand. She turned back around. "Not yet." Destiny said. Her mother had a confused look. "I can't forgive you yet." Destiny clarified. Her mother nodded then walked out of the room to go sit in the waiting area.

         Alex pulled a stand of hair from destiny's face and kissed her softly on the lips. He wiped her tears away and held her close. She started to calm down. She looked up at him. "I love you." She said. And he smiled. He pulled her closer and she could feel his heart beat against her ear. She smiled as this happened.

              "Can I ask you that question now?" He asked her. She nodded as he waved in the nurse and mouth I'm about to do it. She nodded and came into the room with Destiny's mother.

            The nurse gave him the ring she took from him. He got down on a knee squinting in pain. But he pulled through the pain. He was excited to ask. She looked confused then surprised. She looked at her mother and then the nurse. He jaw dropped. "Destiny," he said quietly as the pain from the wound was killing him. He continued. "I promise this will never happen again. It won't happen. But you have to pro.ise me, to be my wife. I can't live without you. I need you. Destiny, will you marry me?"

            The room was silent for a good minute or two as her facial expressions switched between happy, sad, confused, worried. Then they stopped. She made her decision. She looked at him with a disappointed look that turned to sad. She said...

        You gotta wait I guess. Oops. What do you think? Is she going to say yes? Or no?