Chapter 12: The Forgiven

A note from your humble author: Yeah, there's going to be some dark parts in this chapter. Some pretty explicit acts of violence, but please bare with me, I will get you through it. And when I do – hold onto your butts!  

-----

Kylo Ren was his pride and joy. His greatest asset. It had taken years of deceit and manipulation to finally claim his prize, but once the young man was his, he had taken care to not lose him. Not to the light, not to his family, and especially not to a woman.

True, the female would also be a great asset. She was indeed strong, but he would not have her at the risk of losing the one he already invested in for the past twenty six years. Kylo Ren had been groomed from a small child to be his servant. He was the grandson of one of the greatest Siths that had ever lived, and his power with the force was a testament to his grand lineage.

The power in those that he controlled only added to the power of himself. One does not rule the galaxy and relinquish power easily.

He knew the female would be trouble to his servant the moment he felt Kylo Ren's desire for her. She was too close to the light. Now she had turned him into a traitor. He had requested that the general plant the tracking device on his wavering servant; his suspicions proving true. He had gone to her. She had poisoned his mind, she had cracked wide the darkness and allowed more light into him. She needed to be eliminated. He would allow no one to take anything from him. He vowed the scavenger would die.

Kylo Ren would be punished for his treachery, and promised death. He would make him suffer. He would torture him within an inch of his life, poison his mind against the female, see him brought low in pain and misery, and just when he would be convinced that the end was at hand; his master would at last relent and show mercy upon him.

---

Kylo Ren was to be kept drugged, but just enough so that he could not draw upon his force powers, and still manage to stay somewhat lucid. He had also been fitted with special binders around his wrists and neck that sent electrical pulses into his brain, further distorting his ability to use the force.

When he opened his eyes he was strapped down to a medical table. He could see life support machines all around him. He felt an uncontrollable spike of panic. They were healing him just enough to keep him alive...to torture him. He watched as the heart and pulse monitors spiked erratically, as the worst though of all came to him – where was she? Was she alive? He tried to search for her in the force, but the room spun, and he was nearly blinded by the spots in front of his eyes, and he knew that he would not be able to reach her, that they would keep his powers subdued. He thought bitterly that he could endure anything, if only he knew that she had lived, that she was safe.

He heard a loud beeping behind him. Someone was being alerted that he was awake. "Let them come," he thought bitterly. The sooner it begins, the sooner he could die. Death would be the only thing left to hope for. He knew he would have to pay for his crimes. He knew he deserved everything that was about to be done to him. He had been a fool to believe that he could just run away, that Snoke would not come for him – for her.

Her.

For one beautiful moment she had belonged to him. He had allowed himself to imagine running away with her. Keeping her forever. No past. No future. Just live every second within the moment. With her.

He tried to choke back the tears that threatened his eyes. He would be weakened before his tormentors soon enough. There was only one thing left that he wanted, only one thing left that mattered.

He watched out of the corner of his eye as the door slid open and three men entered the room. He knew two of them: General Hux, and Aldo Ren. The third was a man with hard cold beady eyes wearing a white lab coat and long rubber gloves.