Chapter 26: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

A note from your humble author: Lemon alert! Oh, I know some of you suspected where I was going with this, and yes; I am going to hell, but if so, I'm taking you all with me! MWAHAHAHAHA

-----

It was late at night, Rey was with Chewbacca making some final adjustments to the Falcon; they would be leaving first thing in the morning. Ben decided it would be a good time to have a private word with his mother.

Leia Organa was usually always working until the wee hours of the morning, and that night she was preparing something for Rey's mission, when she sensed her son's approach.

"Come in, Ben!" she called through her office door, while shoving a bundle into her desk drawer.

She watched as her son entered the room and took a seat across from her desk. She could sense nervous agitation and fear.

"Ben, what's wrong?"

She watched as he almost squirmed in his seat as a bead of perspiration appeared on his forehead.

He finally cleared his throat and said; "Mother, I need your advice."

---

The next morning Rey was going over a checklist as she waited for Ben near the Falcon. They had loaded a 75-Z speeder onto the ship, of which she was very disappointed that there was only one, and they had also safely stored a large stash of credits provided by Rando, who was now one of the Resistance's main financial backers as all of his father's estate and businesses had been bequeathed to him. She looked up when the General approached her.

"Where's Ben?" asked the General as she looked around the tarmac.

"With Rando and Master Luke, he should be here any minute," she replied.

"Good! Take this!" she said as she shoved a wrapped bundle into Rey's arms.

"Are you sure I can't just wear my regular clothes?"

"There will be no shortage of First Order spies where you're going. I made several alterations to compensate for the fact that you're much taller than I am, and not to mention styles have changed a bit since I was last on Tatooine. Do me a favor; don't tell Ben that I gave it to you."

Rey thanked the General, who said her goodbyes; then she stashed the package inside the Falcon. When she walked back down the ramp she found Ben speaking with Master Luke.

"We'll let you know if we decide to move the base before your return. Your mother is doing her best to convince the stubborn council. I tend to agree, we've been here too long, and I sense danger if we remain."

"The long distance com-link Rando gave me should be a secure line of communication if you need to get a hold of us," replied Ben.

"May the force be with you both," offered Luke, who was actually able to receive a farewell hug from his usually standoffish nephew as well as Rey.

"Are we ready?" asked Ben.

"I don't see why we can't each have a speeder?" pouted Rey.

"Sounds like a cozy idea to me," he replied with a devilish smirk.

---

The moment Rey looked at Tatooine she felt an ache of homesickness for Jakku. She preferred green planets rich with water and life, but the sight of any desert world would always remind her of home.

"What is this place?" she asked, referring to the small settlement they seemed to be approaching.

"Mos Eisley spaceport. We can store the Falcon safely in a hanger here and take the speeder on to the Mos Espa Grand Arena."