Part Two - Night One

We saw Laura's new place. It was really modern. A beautiful kitchen. Little bathroom and four little bedrooms. The girls had kitted the place out nicely and I smiled as I walked around, cooing at the appropriate moments. It was freezing as most student houses were as money was obviously prioritised for other clearly highly important things such as alcohol.

"Aw it's beautiful Laura!" I cooed. It was lovely but far too cold.

"Yeh it's lovely," Stephen agreed. I could tell by the clench of his jaw he hated it but didn't want to say.

Stephen and I headed off for dinner at the hotel and to check in. It had all been built into the price of the room and it seemed a sin to waste it. Well dinner was pub grub but our sort of thing.

I walked into the room and the first thing I noticed was the double bed. It was the first thing Stephen noticed. The bed with its crisp white sheets and fluffy pillows. Normally I'd dive onto the bed but there didn't seem to be a point. We'd specifically asked for a twin room not a double one.

"Fuck, what the hell is this?" Stephen asked me as he nodded towards the bed.

"Exactly my thinking."

"I'll go down and speak to them at reception. I know I selected twin room in the booking section."

"Naw I know you did." I sat down at the table beneath the window and looked out as I waited. I was slightly annoyed.

Then I started pacing around the room. Stephen returned twenty minutes later with no joy.

"They had no twin rooms left so we're stuck with the double room."

"Right, we'll make it work," I said with a smile. "I call first shower so I have time to do my makeup to go out!" I teased.

Stephen nodded and kicked his shoes off, immediately lying down on the bed. "If that's the case I call the left hand side of the bed."

I shrugged. I didn't care. We'd likely be too drunk later on to care what side of the bed we were on.

I grabbed the dressing gown I'd brought with me and my underwear and headed into the shower.

"Take it we'll just grab dinner when you're ready then," Stephen grunted when he saw me emerge from the bathroom, my feet bare and me wearing just my dressing gown.

"Yeh, give me just over an hour," I told him.

I sat down at the mirror and applied my primer to my face. Stephen looked on in interest. I waited for it to feel a little tacky then applied my foundation over the top with a brush.

"What the hell are you doing?" Stephen asked as he looked over at me.

"Putting my makeup on."

"It's like fucking war paint or something. What the hell Ciara?"

"I'm just getting started." I smiled and went back to my makeup applying it with ease. I was well practiced in the art of doing eye makeup. I was quite bad at face makeup like contouring.

I applied a primer to my eyes and started filling black into the crease of my eyes. Immediately Stephen's eyebrows raised, I watched his reaction in the mirror. I filled in the lid with a silvery colour and applied a black gel eyeliner. I applied glitter to the inside corners of my eyes. Concealer went on next then the same colours for my eyes were tapped along my lower lash line. I drew in my eyebrows, a more brown shade than my red hair but it looked natural enough. I powder contoured my nose and applied blusher and highlighter. With a gentle hand I applied my mascara followed by false eyelashes. Once I was finished I scanned my eyes across the face looking back in the mirror. The girl who gazed intently back at me could pass for beautiful if she wanted to.