BACK TO EARTH

Ella Moss

1/3

I am bored out of my mind, want to go back to school, and want there to be noise in the house again. I listened to music while I cleaned my fish tank and danced a little.

I grab my phone when I get an idea and text Jaxon about it.

You know what I want right now?

Huh?

A sucker fish!! My betta could have a friend and that algae could be decreased a lot with the little dude.

Nice, sorry I have to work, I'll text you when I'm on break or if you come in.

Okay, sorry for distracting you.

I put my phone away continue cleaning the tank. When I add the filter and rock into it, I notice how bare the tank is.

I'm getting the fish, I'll send you a picture when I get him in the tank.

Just wanted to let you know.

I ask my dad about going to Petco and he says I can go. He hands me keys and I tale them and grab my wallet, then go to the car.

I look at the algae fish in the tanks and see the maximum length is 24 inches and I instantly walk away. I want a tiny sucker fish, one that can fit in a tiny fish tank. When I continue looking I see one that says maximum length is five inches and I smile.

I get a guy and he picks one out and I go to the rocks and look for another one. I get a turtle one and head to the cashier. They scan the card for the fish and then the rock.

"Have a great day." I smile and speed home so I can wait for the little dude to go in the tank.

After waiting like an hour or so, I slowly transfer the algae fish to my tank and see him go to the filter right away.

"Hi little guy, I bet there's a lot of food for you to eat." I say in a childish voice and laugh. I get a coat on after taking a picture and head out again to the coffeeshop though this time.

I see Jaxon making the drinks while the fiery red head takes orders at the register. I wave at Jaxon and smile at the girl. I order the usual and wait.

As I get it Jaxon takes his break and walks with me to the corner booth. When I sit down I get my phone out and show Jaxon what the sucker fish looks like.

"He's tiny," Jaxon looks from my phone to me and I nod. I slide my phone back in my jacket pocket and smile.

I look at my hot chocolate and just think about the sucker fish and my betta.