THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE

Ella Moss

12/22

I couldn't look my parents in the face from yesterday when I woke up this morning.

But after school, I was fine and looking at my dad more than my mother. I couldn't fathom how she was able to actually raise her hand and hit my dad.

"Dianna! Mandy! Ella!" My dad shouts, "can you come downstairs?"

I walk out from my room and homework, Dianna comes out of the bathroom, and Mandy walks down from the attic/her bedroom.

Our parents stood side by side like nothing had happened last night.

Our dad stepped forward and said, "we are having a family day today."

I nod and feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

"So if you need to get ready, get ready." Our mother said and us three sisters ran upstairs and got ready.

I braided my hair into two dutch braids, put some mascara on and looked at my phone.

Hey El, want to hang out??

Sorry, can't. I'm having a family day. Maybe Tomorrow though.

I'll take that.

I slipped my phone back into my butt pocket and went downstairs. Mandy was there and we were waiting for Dianna to get done.

When she is, we leave and walk into the still slightly snowing night —five-fifteen— and go to the car.

❄ 

We got to the tiny Friendly's and sit in the booth. We order our food and just wait.

"So Ells, how is school doing? Finals going ok?" Dianna asks, bending forward and glancing at me from the very inside of the booth.

I shrug, "they're going, today was the last day though actually. Break goes from the end of school tomorrow to the fifth of January."

Dianna and Mandy nod and we just talk until our food and milkshakes arrive.

So this is what it feels like to be part of a loving family.

I think and smile while looking at the family members left in the tiny Moss family.

❄ 

It was around nine at night when we got back and everyone was dragging their feet into the house. Our parents go straight to their room while Mandy, Dianna, and I all go to the living room and flop on the couch and loveseat.

"I'm tired hut I don't want to go to bed," Dianna pouts and looks at Mandy and I.

Mandy shrugs, "I'm not really tired, I woke up when Dad yelled for us."

I confess, "I'm a little tired. I could stay up if we were to pull an all-nighter."

Mandy and Dianna smirk and nod. "Let's do it, you just have school for half a day, I'm sure you can take a nap after you get home. And Mandy, you don't even go to school anymore, you're good. I'm good, I just have to worry about potential dark circle to form."

Mandy laughs at Dianna's comment about her. "I'll get the candy and popcorn."

Dianna nods and stands up, "I'll get blankets. Ells, you can rearrange the living room so it's cool looking."

I nod and get to work moving furniture around.

❄ 

Dianna passed out by twelve, so it was only Mandy and I up watching Ted 2.

"So wait Mandy, what happened that you slept until four?" I cock my head to the side and Mandy shrugs.

She sighs tiredly and looks over my way. "Just girl problems and over thinking simple things." She shrugs again and gets up. Mandy grabs the popcorn bowl and any trash on the coffee table.

I follow her to the kitchen and interrogate her more about her problems.

"Just this person at my college, no big deal Ella. Are you staying up, I'm gonna sleep. Anyways, you have to be up in an hour." I look at the clock and see it says 6:03.

I shake my head and Mandy walks up the stairs and to the attic. I clean up and cover Dianna with the cover she ended up taking off both of Mandy and I.

By the time I finished cleaning our mess up and went to sit down to try to sleep a little, my dad was walking down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Did you guys stay up all night? Mandy looked like a zombie and so do you." He questions and I do the iffy gesture. "Get dressed so you're ready, you can sleep when you get home."

I shrug and go upstairs to change.

a/n:

So this chapter is longer than any others I think, but I just felt like it didn't end well until there. And no Jaxon and Ella time, I was thinking they've had too many days in a row of being together. Idk, that just might be me.

But sorry for updating so late, it's 9:16pm for me and I normally update by 5, but I had homework and I polished my nails and that took awhile. So sorry!!

NOT EDITED, SORRY FOR MISTAKES!!!