LET'S GET LOST

part two

Ella Moss

12/17

I kept looking out of the window every few seconds, anxious when Jaxon would get here.

Finally when a car pulled up I jumped from my bed and slipped on grey boots before running downstairs, and yelling about going out for a little to empty ears.

I met Jason in the middle of the yard and pulled him the the car.

"Wow! Slow down Ella." Jaxon laughs and I just get in the passenger seat and wait for him.

He got in chuckling and started driving.

"So how come you ran out like your butt was on fire?"

"So no one bothered you."

Sure, 'cause that's what the reason was for.

I snorted at myself and rolled my eyes when I closed them.

Jaxon tapped a beat on the steering wheel that didn't match the song, but somehow sounded right.

❄ 

When I saw all the lights the conversation about the coffeeshop dwindled and I stared out of the window.

There were Christmas trees, sleigh, Ho Ho Ho signs, all sorts of lights that caught my attention.

The show of lights when on forever and even had a radio station programmed to it! I felt the little kid in my resurface for a little and hum to the songs.

"You're cute." I heard Jaxon whisper and then continued driving. I smiled a little and just watched the lights.

❄ 

Jason pulled back to the front of my house and I looked at it sadly.

"Thanks for the night Jaxon." I turn and smile at him. He nods and smiles back.

I get out of the car and then wave and jog to the front door.

Once I walk in my mom steps from the dark part of the hallway and I put my back against the door.

"Where've you been Ella?" She asks and crosses her arms and gives me a death stare.

I feel tiny compared to my mom and that's horrible.

I stutter out, "out with a friend."

She nods and I can tell this 'conversation' will continue tomorrow morning when it isn't ten at night, and when she isn't all cranky and a stick shoved up her butt.

I run up the stairs and collapse on my bed. I plug my phone in and just try to go to sleep.