DON'T LOSE HOPE

Ella Moss

12/31 - 1/1

Can Dianna and Mandy come to the party with me?

Yea sure.

I went downstairs and told Mandy and Dianna that.

They nodded and continued making the pancakes for our dad. He hasn't come out of his room all day, or the past few.

I helped make some more for us and they went and gave the warmer ones to him. They came out sadly and gave me the rest of the pancakes to eat.

"Jaxon said you guys can come to the party with me." That lifts their spirits a little and they smile.

"When does it start?" Dianna asks and I tell her eight. Mandy walks up to her room and Dianna talks to herself about outfits she can wear tonight to get a guy's attention.

I took the pancakes to my room and continued watching movies on Netflix.

❄ 

"Hey, I'm outside."

"Alrighty."

I hang up and knock on Dianna's door and then on Mandy's. "Jaxon's here!"

Dianna barrels out and Mandy walks out slowly. We walk down the steps and check on our dad. He was sleeping on his bed and we turned his light off and went out to Jaxon.

"Hi Jaxon." Dianna says and waves to him. He smiles and looks at me. He smiles but smirks at the same time and then looks towards Mandy.

"Mandy, Dianna, that's Jaxon. Jaxon that is Mandy and Dianna." I point to them when I say their name and Jaxon gives them a charming smile.

He says, "it is at my aunt's, so I thought we could walk."

I shrug and walk next to Jaxon. He puts his arm around my shoulders and kisses my temple. He whispers, "you look exquisite."

I smile and look down at my outfit. It is a plain grey long sleeve, a black skirt, tights, and a pair of boots that I've had for awhile but never wore. I don't see how Jaxon thinks I look 'exquisite'.

When we get to Minni's house, I take my boots off and set them by the door.

"Jaxon! Ella!" I hear Minni yell and then her stampede of footsteps. She runs over to Jaxon and bear hugs him then me.

She looks over Mandy and Dianna and asks, "I'm guess you guys are Ella's sisters?"

They nod and Minni smiles. She drags them away and leaves me with Jaxon. He interlocks his fingers between mine and walks the way Minni went.

❄ 

Everyone was counting down and I was trying to find Jaxon. He went to go talk to Ren a little while ago, but hasn't gotten back yet.

I slump against the wall I leaned against and waited for the clock to count down.

"Sorry, I got caught up." I feel a pair of lips on mine and widen my eyes. Jaxon's hands were at my waist and cupping my neck. I close my eyes when I hear people yelling Happy New Year.

There was a flash beside us and I turn to look at who it is. Jaxon's mom smiles and holds the camera up in her hands.

She leaves and Jaxon sets his head on my shoulder and both hands go to my waist. He grumbles, "why does she have to do that all the time?"

I shrug and run my hands through his hair. He mumbles something that I can't hear and lifts his head to look at me. "Happy New Year Ella."

I smile and say, "happy New Year Jax."

a/n:

Jaxon has a hair kink ;')

But they are just too cute for me.

On the other hand though, I'm thinking about ending this book soon. Idk how many more chapters right now, but I will when it gets closer to that time.