1 - New Year, New Tears

Tita's POV

January

INGREDIENTS: Christmas Rolls

1 can of sardines (ooooh)

1/2 chorizo sausage (aaahhh)

1 onion (here comes the tears)

oregano

1 can of chiles serranos (yes bring on the spice)

10 hard rolls

I am so done with this family tradition where the youngest daughter is not allowed to love and marry because she has to take care of her mother until the day she dies. Like really, what about me? Who's gonna take care of me when I'm older when I CAN'T BE IN A RELATIONSHIP??? This. Is. A. Disgrace.

Oh! Where are my manners? My name's Josefita De La Garza, but everyone calls me Tita. I am a fifteen year old cook who loves the kitchen and who was born in the kitchen. Literally, I'm not even joking. And I almost forgot the best part, I am the youngest child (do you smell the sarcasm, it's very pungent).

Now you're probably wondering, "What does the recipe have to do with what you're talking about? It's so irrelevant." Well fellow readers, these Christmas rolls are my favorite, but they are just not cutting it today. Get it, cutting it, 'cause I'm a cook- okay never mind I'm just too punny. I'll slow my roll then...heh I'm too good.

Okay back to what I was talking about, these rolls are my favorite food but they can't wash away the sadness that I feel because I just heard the most horrendous, painful news today: The love of my life, Pedro Musquiz, is going to marry my older sister of two years, Rosaura. First of all, Pedro came to my house for my hand in marriage not her, but noooo Mama Elena was very straightforward with her decision.

Before this whole chaos happened, Pedro confessed his love to me few months ago and I was very ecstatic. I'M SHOOOOOK!!!

And let me tell you how devastated I felt after realizing Mama Elena wouldn't be down with it

And let me tell you how devastated I felt after realizing Mama Elena wouldn't be down with it. It was like someone stole a candy from a baby. Who does that? Oh I know, it's SO OBVIOUS!!! Mama Elena.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I know one thing for sure, I am never letting Pedro go because of an absurd tradition.

On a side note, avoid tears when chopping onions, for it brings a flood of sadness and longing tears.