4 - Straight Outta the Womb

Tita's POV

April

INGREDIENTS: Turkey Mole with Almonds and Sesame Seeds

  ▪ ️1/4 chile mulatto
▪️3 chiles pasillas
▪️3 chiles ancho
▪️A handful of almonds
▪️A handful of sesame seeds
▪️Turkey stock
▪️A hard roll (1/3 concha roll)
▪️Peanuts
▪️1/2 onion
▪️Wine
▪️2 squares chocolate
▪️Anise
▪️Lard
▪️ Cinnamon
▪️Pepper
▪️Sugar
▪️Seeds from the chiles
▪️5 cloves of garlic

Have you ever experienced live birth? Or even be the one to pull the baby out? Well I did, and it was terrifying! 😫 Like what if there were some complications? What's worse is that I had no experience, I was alone, and I had to watch Rosaura because she was in labor! This experience was very nerve racking and I hope to never deal with it again.

Luckily Nacha was on my side, and once I saw that baby's head, it was like everything clicked and I knew exactly what to do. And this baby, my nephew, is Roberto. What a cutie!!!

Besides that, I think Dr. John Brown, our family doctor, fancies me. Yes I know, you probably thinking, "Wow, conceited much?" But I'm telling the truth! At first I thought he was just admiring me for my inexperienced, but successful job, but then he's been looking at me like how I look at my Christmas rolls. Either way, it's not like my love for Pedro will ever disintegrate, so Dr. Brown can go bye-bye-bye.

But of course, he agreed to continue visiting us to check-up on Rosaura and her health. Right now, Rosaura is unable to feed Roberto because she had, in fact, suffered complications from the birth and is currently ill. So who's feeding Roberto, you may ask? Well surprise, surprise, it's me! I don't know how, but I had milk to give him. Don't question it, just be happy for Roberto, he'll stay happy and healthy.

At the moment, I am preparing a delicious dish for the celebration of Roberto's baptism

At the moment, I am preparing a delicious dish for the celebration of Roberto's baptism. Just grinding some almonds and sesame seeds on the floor while singing. Did I forget to mention that I also feel a burning sensation, and the piercing gaze of Pedro staring at me while I'm doing all of this? I did? Well now you know. I'm trying my best to keep this PG, but to keep it short and sweet, Chencha came in and everything went slightly back to normal. 🙄 #nexttime

On the other hand, Gertrudis is alive! However, Mama Elena basically burned all memories of her because of what Father Ignacio told her

On the other hand, Gertrudis is alive! However, Mama Elena basically burned all memories of her because of what Father Ignacio told her. At first she was mourning, for I told her that Gertrudis was kidnapped by a rebel soldier (well that's what I thought). But then a week later, she heard from Father Ignacio that Gertrudis is working in a brothel. As Mama Elena forbids anyone from saying her name, I am glad she's well, and sent all her remaining items to her. I hope to see her soon.

--------------------------------------

#OMG Lowkey just heard Mama Elena talking to Father Ignacio about her sending Rosaura and Pedro to San Antonio for Rosaura to get treatment. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???

 WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???