11 - Don't Rain on My Parade

November

INGREDIENTS: Beans with chili, Tezcucana-style

beans
•pork
•pork rinds
•chiles anchos
•onion
•grated cheese
•lettuce
avacadoes
•radish
•chiles tomachoes
•olives

Tita's POV

What am I doing right now?

John just came back from America to get his aunt Mary, who came all this way just to meet me and to see our wedding.

What am I going to do?

What is John going to say? They're both going to be so disappointed in me when I tell them that I want to call off the wedding

Not only do I have to deal with that, I also have to deal with Pedro who's sulking and getting on my nerve with his attitude, when I'm the one who's tending to his wounds.
I know that he's not very fond of John but I'm trying to resolve this situation. Instead of giving me time, which I've been doing for years, he threatens to tell John that he impregnated me.

Lucky for him, I'M NOT PREGNANT. Yup, I wasn't pregnant, I was just late. I was just as disappointed as Pedro when I found out, but instead of being a little less judging, it was the opposite. And now that there's no link to keep me and Pedro together, he blames me saying I want to leave him because he's weak and injured.

I can't believe he just said that to me. I'm just done.

------------------------------------

Now I can finally concentrate on making the bean and chili dish-

Woaaahh! When did Rosaura lose all that weight so fast? In that one week of being locked up in her room with no food, she looked exactly how she looked before her pregnancy

Rosaura's POV

I'm gonna get one thing straight with Tita, I don't care if Tita and Pedro are playing hooky behind my back, but NO ONE, no one can make a fool out of me like last time.

The next time this happens, Tita will be sorry.

I also don't want Tita to be around my daughter. I don't want her filth to stain and influence Rosaura for I want her to continue the tradition that Tita rebelled against.

This is it.

---------------------------

Tita's POV

Ugghhh!! First Pedro, and now Rosaura? What else do I have to deal with? Pedro's hurtful words are already good enough but I guess not.

Just had an argument with Rosaura and I cannot believe what she just told me. Not only did she just blatantly called me a "loose" woman, my privilege to take care of Esperanza is now over. But I will not give up this time. Esperanza deserves a life full of choices and happiness, not a life of regret and slaving away.

I don't know what's her motive and reasons specifically, but all I can say is that she took my hope, my love away and probably knows what she has done. But this time, she'll not be able to take what's mine.

----------------------------------------

.

.

So I confessed everything to John. My unfaithfulness of sleeping with another man while he was away, and that I think it's best to call off the wedding.

But John, kind-hearted and forgiving John, is such a good man and I do not deserve him. I just told him the most awful thing a person could ever do to their significant other, and he just said that he'll still be happy to spend the rest of his life with me, Tita the wanton, but I have to know if he's the right one for me.

He's giving me a choice.

To choose between Pedro, my first long-lasting love, or John, the man who helped me during my lowest point and who still wants to be with me with all my flaws.

What do I do?