6 - A Match into Water

June

INGREDIENTS: Matches

1 ounce powdered potassium nitrate

1/2 ounce minium

1/2 ounce powdered gum arbic

1 dram phosporus

saffron

cardboard

Tita's POV

When Nacha died, I felt like I lost my mom. She was my guide, my consultant, my friend. She was the only one who understood me. She acted more like a mom than my biological mother.

She reminds me of Nacha.

When Morning Light visited me everyday, her presence calms me and found out she's John's late grandmother. The time she gave me a cup of tea, it made me feel like Nacha was with me because of its aroma. She distracted me from the pain that's still punctured my heart.

  The thought of him is unbearable. It wounded me. 

Numbness is the key to hindrance. It is the key to freedom.

Freedom. I'm glad that Dr. Brown took me to his house instead of the asylum, for I received this new sense of control. I'm finally out of Mama Elena's tight grip, but what am I going to do with this new freedom?

The more time I spend with John, the more I realize how similar we are. We both look up to warm, caring people whom we spent time with when we we were young. And even though they are not here anymore, they are always with us being our guide.

I think this was Nacha's plan to help me. Being here was fated for me to find myself. For me to find my inner fire. Earlier, John told me the necessity to light one's inner matches in order to properly nourish the soul. Instead of oxygen, one must find a lover and passion. When the two combine,  they light the inner matches and nurture the soul.

By hearing those words, I was afraid my matches are too damped to ever be lit again. What if I'm incapable? But he said I can, I just have to stay away from toxic people. People who are trying to extinguish my flames.

And from now on, I don't ever want to go back to Mama Elena, the number one person who's seeking to end this fire. Seeking to end my control.

 Seeking to end my control