12 - Too Good to Say Goodbye

December

INGREDIENTS: Chiles in Walnut Sauce

25 chiles poblanas
8 pomegranate
100 cashew nuts
100 grams aged fresh cheese
1 kilo ground steak
100 grams raisins
1/4 kilo almonds
1/4 kilo walnuts
1/2 kilo tomatoes
2 medium onions
2 candied citrons
1 peach
1 apple
cumin
white pepper
salt
sugar

Tita's POV

Woah, it's been months since I've last written on here. I'm actually really happy, I publicly can be with Pedro, and my mission to dislodge the family tradition was a success! How you may ask, well this may sound a bit morbid, but Rosaura's in peace.

Rosaura passed away just a few days before the wedding, which means Esperanza is finally free to make her own choices. She deserves the best, she doesn't deserve a life of regret and slaving away just because of a tradition.

In actuality, I was able to be with Pedro, but this time, 100% no need to hide. Pedro, Rosaura and I made a pact that states, I can be with Pedro but we have to make other people and Esperanza believe that Rosaura is still married with Pedro. In other words, don't humiliate Rosaura again.

But anyways, today's a very special day! Today's the wedding of Esperanza and Alex. Yup that's right, Alex Brown, the little kid back then who took interest in my niece.

 Yup that's right, Alex Brown, the little kid back then who took interest in my niece

Compared to Pedro and Rosaura's wedding, this one's lit. After everyone ate the chiles in walnut sauce, the guests dispersed quickly and went to wherever place they can to "relieve" themselves.

Sigh, I'm finally, completely in the happiness that I've been wanting forever. I can finally be with Pedro with no one to stop us.

I wanted him the way rain wants to fall. The way the sun wants to shine. The way words want to be read. I wanted him to infinity, to the millionth degree, no amount of rain could douse the fire I had in me for him.

.

.

.

And I finally had him.

.

.

.
I am with him.