3 - Bad Case of the Love Bug Syndrome

Tita's POV

March

INGREDIENTS: Quail in Rose Petals

12 roses, preferably red (like my heart)

12 chestnuts (roasting on an open fire (yes I know it's not Christmas))

2 teaspoons butter

2 teaspoons cornstarch

2 drops attar of roses

2 tablespoons anise

2 tablespoons honey

2 cloves garlic

6 quail

1 pitaya

(why 2 to most of the ingredients, because two are better than one.)

Yes chicas! You know me, I like to get a little fancy here and there sometimes. Put off your chicken dish into the new trend, quails. That's right, Tita is now the trendsetter, and the next trend I'll make with the quails is adding a sense of nature to your cuisines. In other words, add in your flowers because it's about to get colorful here in Mexico.

In other news, you're probably wondering, "What's with the roses?" Well, someone *cough* Pedro *cough*, gave me a bouquet of roses because Pedro- I mean someone- wanted to cheer me up because of the passing of Nacha, which makes me the official cook in my household. But let's be real Ped- oh who am I to keep secrets here? I'll just say it loud and clear, it was Pedro, he gave me the roses. Sigh, I'm just gonna put it out there. Dun-dun-duuuun.

Back to the topic, he gave me the roses to cheer me up and congratulate me for my new position

Back to the topic, he gave me the roses to cheer me up and congratulate me for my new position. But of course, Mama Elena doesn't allow anything that involves with Pedro so she wanted me to throw the bouquet out. But, I CAN'T JUST THROW IT AWAY!

And then BAM! That's when Nacha told me to use the petals in a recipe for quail in rose petal sauce. Thank you, Nacha! And let me tell you how much I've been praised for this dish because honestly, last meal was dreadful. I'm not trying to be mean and all, but when Rosaura told me she was cooking for yesterday's meal, I was very shocked since she has never EVER stepped foot into the kitchen. And I even offered her my help, but I guess she really wanted to do it by herself.

If you think that's not a sign of disaster waiting to happen, let me tell you about the revolting taste and the lies that bubbled out of everyone. First of all, I don't even know what we were eating because it was like Rosaura was on a mission to take all the flavor and nutrients the food had out of it. Secondly, because she is pregnant, Pedro and Mama Elena were trying to not make her feel bad because you should never upset a pregnant woman, even though that pregnant woman knows how bad the food was. But because they lied to her, everyone had an upset stomach from eating the food as much as they want the food out of their system.

As you can see, compared to my dish to Rosaura's, the amount of gratitude that I received, especially from Pedro, was enough to raise a flock of sheeps (if the thank you's were food of course). But I think the amount of emotions-potion I put for Pedro to taste my love for him, was probably a tinge too much. Oops.

 Oops

P.S.- try not to get blood on the rose petals, for it turns from pink to a burning desire red.

P.P.S.- try not to stab yourself through the process of clutching the roses you got from your secret, but not-so secret lover.

Rosaura's POV

Ughhhh!!! Pedro is getting on my last nerve! First, he gave Tita a bouquet of roses and not ME, his darling wife who is carrying his first child. Second of all, he even gave her more compliments and even looked like he's in love with her cooking just because it's probably better than what I cooked last dinner. I'm his wife for crying out loud, not Tita!

He should at least seem more interested in me and appreciate what I do than having Mama Elena to tell him to come to me. I have noticed that Mama Elena is doing her best to make me feel better. Like today, she criticized Tita's dish, but it ain't working on me because I know for sure she was trying to cover up her delight that the food brought to her.

You win this time Tita, but not for long, just wait. Tita- 2 points, Rosaura the queen- 0 points (for now).

Juan's Horse POV

First off, I feel disgusted. Do they have no respect for a horse?! Here I am giving them a ride to who knows where and they decide to hit it on while they're on top of me?! I swear some of these humans.

 Do they have no respect for a horse?! Here I am giving them a ride to who knows where and they decide to hit it on while they're on top of me?! I swear some of these humans

I mean I know they use me as a mode of transportation, but that's all I want to be used for. First I got Juan, who is not light by the way, sitting on top of me for how many hours a day. That's already bad enough.

But then you got to add a girl, who's goes by the name of Gertrudis? Like no, I don't need no extra weight on my back especially if you're a stranger. Oh and just to add the sprinkles on top, the girl was nude, Juany over here is probably half naked and started to make love, which means extra movement on my back. Now that is what you call a tough job.

I better get some high class food and be given a long bath after that or I'm gonna just neigh neigh out of this place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Gertrudis is dead

To Mama Elena, dude.